Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread about Doctor Who

And as so often with the announcement with a new Doctor there's a collective cry from the masses of "...sorry, who's that then?" Never seen Broadchurch. So no opinion as yet. Was kind of hoping for Phoebe Waller-Cates. I saw a bit of the Fleabag show and thought she was quite good. Kris Marshall would make a good companion and as far as I'm aware has nothing going on at the moment so get him in.

For the record, I would rate them Gillan, Coleman, Agyeman (the forgotten one), Mackie then Piper.
    Gillian was the best. You're a brave man rating Coleman that highly though. I'd rate Mackie up at second. The real forgotten one though is Tate. Which is fair enough. She was pretty terrible.

Whittaker seems to have mainly acted in British television shows and films, none of which I've seen. There's a few films like ATTACK THE BLOCK that I have seen but I really don't remember her in them. I'm fine with her taking over the role. Actually I'm looking forward for her first episodes to see how she does.

And yes, I actually liked Jenna Coleman (soon to return in the Christmas special). I'll have to look up Tate, don't remember her at all.

And I looked up Tate and I think I was trying to forget she was ever on it. Well, at least I liked Piper better then someone.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Looks like there's a Tom Baker Complete First Season release in the works (on Blu-ray). Don't know how good this will look as most of the material was shot on tape, but it's interesting to see this coming.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/doctor-...kfYq3LWpU9NoKg
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

That episode was magnificent. Horribly self indulgent of course but if any shows earned the right to indulge itself it's this one. Loved that the first Doctor came with 60s sensibilities and that it touched upon my favourite historical moment in a rather awesome way. As it's pretty much a do over for next season it was great to see everyone go out on such a high.

That historical moment was beyond awesome.

The 60's sensibilities -- I was surprised by the amount of pushback on what was clearly meant as a joke and knowing wink to an *ahem * less enlightened time period. I didn't really understand all the righteous indignation aimed at each reference. It was meant to be a funny comment on the disparity of the time periods, and I enjoyed it for just that.

It took a while, but Capaldi really did leave a mark as one of the more memorable doctors in the series' run. They totally deserved all the emotional callbacks. Wonderful episode.

I've decided, since I haven't seen the last Capaldi season and it's now out on Blu-ray, that I'm going to start from the beginning of his run and go all the way through toe the end.

That's all.

There's really not much point to this post I guess.

I did get half way through his fist episode last night. It's not that old but man some of the CGI effects don't hold up well, haha. Still, a lot of good entertainment to be had with the show.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!