Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread about Doctor Who

Original Season 14 is out in the UK on Monday. The BBC limit these things to such tiny runs they sell out months in advance, it's bloody ridiculous. The stubborn fuckers need to increase the print run, especially for Tom Bakers. I ordered mine mid January from Amazon, so I'm hoping they'll come through, but it seems they always take more orders than they're actually allocated. If I don't get my copy I might sell my other seasons, I can't be bothered to keep playing their games.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

It may be blasphemous to some, but may favourite Dr. who is the Dr. who vs the Daleks movie.

I love the Daleks Invasion Earth movie and Cushing's take on the character. He lived in the town next to where I grew up, he was a bit of a local legend. My dad's friend was a policeman there, he'd drop a bottle of Scotch off at the station every Christmas and gave him a signed Sherlock Holmes book once.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    It may be blasphemous to some, but may favourite Dr. who is the Dr. who vs the Daleks movie.
    Which was the original co-feature for...Night of the Living Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    I love the Daleks Invasion Earth movie and Cushing's take on the character. He lived in the town next to where I grew up, he was a bit of a local legend. My dad's friend was a policeman there, he'd drop a bottle of Scotch off at the station every Christmas and gave him a signed Sherlock Holmes book once.
    That’s awesome.

My dad’s brush with fame was being a bad influence on Bret Hart’s older brothers and making sure they stayed out of the fights they started,

Oh, God. Is Tom Baker dead? That banner...
    Last edited by Marshall Crist; 05-16-2020 at 08:42 PM.

No need to worry, he is fine!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

At this point I've done almost 300 banners. I've started PMing people on here for banner suggestion. This one is Dom's.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

This is kind of... cute? I guess cute is the word. It's a fell good article anyway.

How the Woman Behind Doctor Who: Lockdown Created a Lifeline for Fans

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/how-the...sands-of-fans/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This an odd one, over on the official youtube Doctor Who channel they're releasing classic DW stories edited down in 30 minute episodes. So far I think they've done Hand Of Fear and Battlefield. I watched Hand Of Fear. It's a very choppy edit that doesn't flow as a story at all. They've just lifted big chunks out almost at random.

Got me thinking though, done well, and at an hour rather 30 minutes, I'd actually like the idea. The old episodes are usually padded to hell and it would be easy enough to cut deeply into them without losing anything. As a fan I'd want the full thing but having the episodes available in that format would make them accessible to new Who fans.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.