Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: You have 9 months to amass a collection of free porn before the government bans it...

  1. #11
    Spoon! Dom D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    2,213
    The interesting thing about living in a country where pornography is illegal is no one knows. Literally, you tell people here that its illegal to buy, sell, make porn and the reaction is always "Really?... bullshit, no way." I was talking to two sex workers last night and even they had no idea it was illegal. It's still as omnipresent here as everywhere else so everyone assumes it's okay.

    On the other hand prostitution is legal here. Compare that with LA where it is illegal to pay someone for sex and it only becomes legal when one of you pulls out a handycam. It's a hard one to get your head around.

    Goes to show, whenever you leave lawmaking to elected officials it gets fucked up.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    The U.S. has problems like any country but thank fucking god for freedom of speech.
    I am assuming you don't live in one of the states that pretty much no porn company will ship to.

    There is a major reason why porn shops are still huge in MS,cause pretty much every company has MS on the do not ship to list.

    Fucking Community standards overrules free speech in this state sadly.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    I am assuming you don't live in one of the states that pretty much no porn company will ship to.

    There is a major reason why porn shops are still huge in MS,cause pretty much every company has MS on the do not ship to list.

    Fucking Community standards overrules free speech in this state sadly.

    I assume they confiscate sex toys. But do people still buy physical media of porn? In current year? I scoff at thee! Scoff!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I assume they confiscate sex toys. But do people still buy physical media of porn? In current year? I scoff at thee! Scoff!
    Nah it is odd sex toys will ship here. But porn wont. Hell the town I live in porn is pretty much outlawed. Was a big deal 10 years ago when Movie Gallery was opening up their porn room.

    But yea cause there is so many rural areas in MS without high speed internet people still buy physical porn. Add in that most porn shops in the state are owned by people in the MS government I doubt I see a day in my lifetime when say Adam and Eve or any company like that will ship to MS.

    GOtta buddy that runs a video rental place on the coast,porn rentals keep the store open. But to get the DVDs to rent he had to open a post office box in Louisiana. Gets everything shipped there.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Nah it is odd sex toys will ship here. But porn wont. Hell the town I live in porn is pretty much outlawed. Was a big deal 10 years ago when Movie Gallery was opening up their porn room.

    But yea cause there is so many rural areas in MS without high speed internet people still buy physical porn. Add in that most porn shops in the state are owned by people in the MS government I doubt I see a day in my lifetime when say Adam and Eve or any company like that will ship to MS.

    GOtta buddy that runs a video rental place on the coast,porn rentals keep the store open. But to get the DVDs to rent he had to open a post office box in Louisiana. Gets everything shipped there.
    I suppose you could make the argument that a vibrator is a medical device or perhaps an egg beater and thus exempt:

    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    2,006
    The entire south has weird ass porn laws. Like in Texas it is illegal to sell any sex toy that looks like a sexual organ.

    This law was rarely enforced. Then the owner of the porn shop in Beaumont pissed off the wrong people and the cops raided his store. He got charged with sellling realistic looking sex toys. And the cost to fight it in court was too high. So he ended up closing down the shop.

  7. #17
    Pretty sure some TX cities have laws about adult material not allowed for sale within 1,000 feet of any man, woman, child, church, school, etc.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    The U.S. has problems like any country but thank fucking god for freedom of speech.
    Let's not kid ourselves yes about American "freedoms" and Freedom of Speech. It's BS. There is what America says it is to the world, and what America really is.

    https://boingboing.net/2008/10/07/ad...-director.html

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    Pretty sure some TX cities have laws about adult material not allowed for sale within 1,000 feet of any man, woman, child, church, school, etc.
    That is lots of cities in TX. When I lived out in Beaumont all the strip clubs and porn shops were out past the industrial area of town. Far from anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Porn
    By Terry C in forum Books And Comics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 12:11 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 11:21 AM
  3. Dave's Old Porn
    By Alex K. in forum Exploitation And Smut
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 06:19 PM
  4. found a collection of vintage porn mags.
    By Omnix in forum Exploitation And Smut
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •