Thread: Bleeding Skull! A 1990s Trash-Horror Odyssey Coming In 2018 From Fantagraphics.

Bleeding Skull! A 1990s Trash-Horror Odyssey Coming In 2018 From Fantagraphics.

Yeah fine, it's a year and a half away but still... this is good news.

Name:  Book2Announce_Text.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  58.0 KB

Source.

From the release of our first book, Bleeding Skull! A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey, to the screening of The Last Slumber Party with Jan Jensen aka “Chris” in person, from launching Bleeding Skull! Video with our pals at Mondo to helping James Bryan complete Jungle Trap, Bleeding Skull! has allowed us to have at least eleven lifetimes worth of fun in one measly decade. Today, we’re beyond stoked to share our most exciting announcement ever:

Bleeding Skull! A 1990s Trash-Horror Odyssey is our next book, and it will be published by Fantagraphics in 2018!!

This book — written by Zack Carlson, Annie Choi, and myself — will expose the unexplored underbelly of D.I.Y. trash-horror in the 1990s. It will be the definitive resource on ultra-obscure movies that have rarely — if ever — been written about. Working with our friends at Fantagraphics on this project is a dream come true. We couldn’t be happier. And we can’t wait to stuff humanity’s collective souls with an avalanche of fourth-generation VHS crust.

While we work exclusively on the book and Bleeding Skull! Video, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for daily updates on everything that has to do with anything we’re working on.

Prepare.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thought it was weird that Dan Budnik wasn't in on this, but then I went and found out he left in 2014. Sad to hear as The Budnik's writing was always hilarious, but I guess time must move on. This will be a day one purchase of course, and hopefully they'll do one on the more lesser know works of the 1970's in the future.

From FB:

"Psst. Annie, Zack, and Joe have finished writing the second Bleeding Skull book -- BLEEDING SKULL! A 1990s TRASH-HORROR ODYSSEY. More info soon-ish."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Noticed this thread has almost no replies. This is a book Ian truly loves and references often. Just as a plug for those of you that may want to consider picking it up.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Well, to be fair, the '90s book isn't out yet, but I will say that the 1980s one is perhaps the most essential genre guide released in the last 20 years. It's actually so well-written and funny that it's forever changed the way I watch SOV horror. Ziemba and Budnik managed to unearth a whole new level to these forgotten films and revealed the fun and pure joy that can be had once you start watching them the way that they suggest. It's so generous when writers can actually get you excited about a certain type of film just by getting you to see it in a new way and that's exactly what they did with the book and their website. Their writing is brilliantly sarcastic, while mostly avoiding being mean or condescending. Once you get it, there's no turning back, and there's suddenly hundreds of movies that you can now watch (or rewatch) in a whole new light.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Well, to be fair, the '90s book isn't out yet, but I will say that the 1980s one is perhaps the most essential genre guide released in the last 20 years. It's actually so well-written and funny that it's forever changed the way I watch SOV horror. Ziemba and Budnik managed to unearth a whole new level to these forgotten films and revealed the fun and pure joy that can be had once you start watching them the way that they suggest. It's so generous when writers can actually get you excited about a certain type of film just by getting you to see it in a new way and that's exactly what they did with the book and their website. Their writing is brilliantly sarcastic, while mostly avoiding being mean or condescending. Once you get it, there's no turning back, and there's suddenly hundreds of movies that you can now watch (or rewatch) in a whole new light.
    Should've specified I meant the original. To hopefully increase interest in this one.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

The original is out of print and super expensive now (though you can get the kindle version cheap enough). Headpress should do a 2nd printing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!