Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenomena Blu-ray from Synapse / Arrow UK

cant help but think the blu ray market will implode at some point in the future what with all these premium releases and the likes of code red going crazy licensing anything he can get his hands on. i think once the blu ray market stops attracting newcomers there will be a drastic reckoning. CR will go bust.

I don't know how, if their sales are as bad as he constantly says, CR can afford to license all the titles they are licensing.

About the transfer on PHENOMENA, the 116 minute cut is the same as the Arrow, but, supposedly, Synapse have fixed the numerous soundtrack errors found on the Arrow Blu. The 110 minute cut (and Creepers) are from a superior master created by Wild Side that lacks all the poor DNR that plagues the 116 minute master.

okay, I put this in my cart @diabolik (which is the only place international customers can order this) and proceeded to the checkout:

Total: $47.99
    Shipping & handling: $21.50
    Total to pay: $69.49

this is fucking insane for one movie! I wouldn't even pay this price fo a new 4k scan of all existing versions.

Diabolik has this in stock now.

Check out https://www.wowhd.co.uk/ they do us releases with free shipping. They have a .se and .ie store also. I have used, they are reliable.

Received Synape's Limited Edition Blu-ray steelbook last week... Gorgeous package; excellent transfer.

Thing is, one of the discs is defective!

On Disc #1, at the 1:52:10 mark (116-minute version), the disc FREEZES UP -- right as the chimp is finishing his razor attack.

So now I gotta contact Synapse and see if they'll send me a replacement disc. Hope they will...

Hopefully this is an isolated thing?

I watched the 116-minute version Sunday night and didn't notice any freezing, so SuperDevilDoctor either got a bad or dirty (fingerprint or some other smudge) disc.

I tried cleaning the disc, to no avail.

After contacting them, the kind folks at Synapse said they'll send me a replacement disc.

No freezing on mine. Seems like a great package.