Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Feel better, Newt!
    I previously had little interest in wrestling but about a month ago I went through and read this whole thread and watched a ton of videos. I was thoroughly entertained! I look forward to watching your recent post tonight!
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post

Sorry this took forever to get uploaded. Between being sick and my internet being shit for 2 weeks I spent what felt like 5 days uploading this match.

Back a few years ago as a surprise Xmas gift my mother got my a new video camera. It shoots 1080p. But has a crappy mic and no way to plug an external mic into it.

Well at the last BIW show I had two buddies,one of them was in the last video I posted. They wanted to do some commentary during the matches. So I gave them the HD camera told them the mic sucked. Tried every program I got to try to make it easier to hear their commentary...but yea that didn't work.

Anyways here is the 1080P stationary camera version of Cassandra Golden,the tall black lady in gold,vs Myka Madrid. Also had them film the main event with the camera and gonna try to get that uploaded soon.
    The camera with a good microphone hasn't been invented yet. Just get a little cheap audio recorder and plug a Mic into that (lavalier mics for commentary can be had for very little). Then you just match the audio recording with the onboard audio in your editing program. Some programs will even do the match automatically.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Feel better, Newt!
    I previously had little interest in wrestling but about a month ago I went through and read this whole thread and watched a ton of videos. I was thoroughly entertained! I look forward to watching your recent post tonight!

Thanks sir. My health has taken a turn for the worse. Had a headache and body aches all day. At first thought it was just the seasons changing causing the issues. But now I think I might have to go see a doc Thursday.

Hope you enjoy the matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    The camera with a good microphone hasn't been invented yet. Just get a little cheap audio recorder and plug a Mic into that (lavalier mics for commentary can be had for very little). Then you just match the audio recording with the onboard audio in your editing program. Some programs will even do the match automatically.
    Talked to the head of Bodyslam Media Productions and gonna end up getting a camera similar to his. Since it has a way to attach a external mic. Honestly the bad mic on the HD camera doesn't bother me that much since if I am filming all I want to capture audio wise is the crowd noise. But looks like the next few shows gonna have friends using it and wanting to do commentary. So might end up using the solution you mentioned.

EDIT-It might look like it is broken in the thumbnail but the video works.

There's the main event from last Novemeber's BIW show. You can see me running around in my mask filming.

On Jan 25th BIW is gonna have their first show of 2020.

Name:  g4VSM62.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  102.8 KB
    Poster for the show.

Name:  A0G8Nyf.jpg
Size:  163.8 KB

I bought 6 tickets for the show. But delivered 4 of them before I got home. Talking to the lady at the Sporting Goods store that sells the tickets they have sold over 100 already.

But the best news so far. Well as I have said last May 4th 2 close friends booked their first show. Hoodmark Lucha Libre,the two friends had a falling out. And since one owns the name and the other owns the logo,one of them had decided to sell the Hoodmark Lucha Libre World title. He contacted me told me I could have the belt for 100 bucks,they paid 300 for it.

SO adding the belt to the Ultimo Gallos character. What we are gonna do,since there is actually two Hoodmark Lucha Libre belts,is the one I have is gonna be the Hoodmark Lucha Libre Central American title. Now we just gotta come up with who I beat for the title.

Name:  7HaEYmP.jpg
Size:  74.6 KB

There's a pic with me holding the belt from I think last Feb.

But anyways as always I am filming every match at the BIW show. And gonna have my friends use the other camera to get the women's match and the main event. So once I get the footage online I will post it in this thread.

So happy yall are enjoying this. Wish I was closer to some of yall so yall could come experience the shows in person.

Say you beat Pat Patterson for it in the finals of a tournament in Acupulco!

LOL that is a good idea. Looks like I am getting the belt on Leap Year. So won't have it for the show this weekend. But got 20 dvds for sale. A stack of action figures and piles of wrestling rookie,insert and relic cards to sell.

Newt, that Christmas suit is pretty fucking fly, haha.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks. I just wish there was a show when it is warm enough to wear it.

Show starts at 7pm tonight. But I gotta be there way way early.

Did a shortish interview with Apoc Adam Asher before the doors opened at the BIW Standing Tall show. He was going to be in the shows main event tag match. And is a 20 year vet of the indie wrestling scene.