Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Ah, I did see the story saying they signed a Walmart deal. I have mixed feelings about this. The main feeling being I don't want to go into Walmart.
    You can order them online. I had to do that for Red Rooster issue 2.

Pretty much here,unless I want to drive an hour,the only choice is Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    You can order them online. I had to do that for Red Rooster issue 2.

Pretty much here,unless I want to drive an hour,the only choice is Walmart.
    Thanks for the heads up, that's the route I'll go once they get a full arc or two in the can. Even better if they publish some collected editions eventually. I really want those Butch Guice issues.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

The art in the Guice issues is great.

I was gonna wait on the trades. But 2 weeks ago at a thrift found that Monty Python 16 disc complete set still sealed for under 2 bucks. Sold it to a buddy for 80 and used the money he paypalled me to order a few more of the AA comics.

Plus ordered 2 more masks.

Got a green Ultimo Guerrero mask coming in. Plus a white/red/green Banditio mask. Then a red/white/green luchadore cape.

My plan right now is if all that is here by Oct 3rd I will bring it plus my belt to the Pro Wrestling 225 event in Tylertown. Since Jon Paul will be there doing promo pics. Gonna get some promo pics made. Then next year send that plus my bio into Pro Wrestling Illustrated. They do a list of the top 500 wrestlers in the world each year. And been told by a few local guys if you send in pics of you in ring gear and a bio you might make the list.

If all goes right at the Tylertown show gonna interview Jon Paul and Big Ramp. Then the following weekend is BIW in Brookhaven.

Set up an interview with the head of Bodyslam Media Productions,Koby "Quarters" Rutland. And also gonna try to interview the biggest indie star in MS,Rey Fury.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 09-16-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Name:  3CiwFUC.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  263.4 KB

Wasn't sure until today that I was going to this Pro Wrestling 225 show. They normally run around Morgan City LA. But the LA wrestling comission has shut down wrestling LA. No events ,even ones with no fans,until at least March of next year.

Buddy that is a photographer was asking if I knew of a venue not far around the LA/MS line that not only was outdoors but was in a town no one has run in at least 5 years. I remembered that close to 10 years ago Powerslam ran a few events in Tylertown at the outdoor covered arena,I think they do cattle auctions there. So the town isn't in anyone's territory.

Was planning on just going to the show,maybe taking a few pics. But not bothering to film any matches. Then the co host of the King of Wrestling podcast,I'm on the episodes that come out on Fridays,asked me if I would at least film a match so he can offer it on the show's Patreon. And then once JP and Big Ramp learned I would be there ,they wanted me as Ultimo Gallos to do an interview with each of them.

The drawback is I'm riding down in a small car with 3 other people. So not really enough room to pack all the normal gear I take,add in the fact that at the show if you want to sit on the arena floor you gotta bring your own chair... So gonna just pack my tablet and my mask. And get the guy driving to man the camera for the interviews.

I will hopefully have the pics and maybe the interviews up sometime Sunday.

Then the 10th is the BIW show in my town. Talked to the promoter earlier. Before the show starts I got 3 interviews lined up.
    1.Rey Fury-MS based luchadore.
    2.Koby Rutland-Buddy that runs Bodyslam Media Productions.
    3.Brandon Turner-Main host of the King of Wrestling podcast. Plus partial owner of Battlezone wrestling and referee in Combat Wrestling League and SWA.

And once the crowd comes in Koby is gonna get into the ring and say a few words about our buddy who passed right at 3 weeks ago. Big Country Tommy Moore was at every show and did commentary with us many times. After the speech BIW is doing a 10 bell salute for TOmmy.

The promoter asked me to do the speech. But I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

Anyways. I will film every match and try to get some pics before and after the show. Hoping for a decent turn out. With the current restrictions the city is limiting it to 450 people total in the rodeo area for the show.

I got back from the Pro Wrestling 225 show a bit ago. Filmed a bunch of the matches. 2 of them are gonna go up first on the podcast I co host's patreon. But the rest I will throw up on youtube tomorrow.

Ian... since I know you love Big Ramp I took the time to speak with Ramp and film it.

And two more short Ramp clips.

First up

The show was held in a rodeo area. The ring crew had laid out old wooden pallets from the entrance to the ring. But they looked like they were about to break. So Ramp carried the current BRE champion Amber Rodriguiez to the ring.

And here is Ramp leading his client Gil Grace to the ring for the main event.

Big Ramp is great! I only know him from this thread but he seems rad.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

He is a blast. Hoping he can make it to the show this weekend.

If you want more Big Ramp look for Bigramp504 on Youtube. He is always putting up vids.

Also the head of 4 corner photography snagged a pic of me when I wasn't paying attention.

Name:  qgWMFcD.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  173.3 KB

Ok so tomorrow is the postponed from the 10th BIW show.

Gonna be a busy day. I gotta get a haircut and then be ready for lunch at 1pm. Cause at 330pm the ring is getting to the arena. And most of the ring crew this time is newbies.

The ring BIW normally rents,it's owner is National Guard and he got called up with the Hurricane hitting the MS/LA/AL coast. So BIW had to rent from another guy. This other guy doesn't provide a ring crew. Normally BIW gets a pile of high school and community college kids to be ring crew. But the show being on a Friday they are all either playing football or at the football games.

I managed to wrangle up two local guys I know and trust enough to help put the ring up and down. Myself and whoever else I can get will be doing the chairs. Setting out 500 ,125 per side of the ring.

Also got semi good news. My dad will be back in town tomorrow,so he can make the show.

It will be Saturday or Sunday before I get pics and video up.

Show was fun last night,even if it was outside an 54 degrees with lots of wind.

Got 4 matches filmed and the main event was wild.

Plus hey I made 200+ bucks.