Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Got home a few hours ago from the newest BIW show in town. Got a bunch of pre-show footage. And every match and promo.

Had the first ever in BIW Womens tag team match. Plus the main event,that BIW has building up to for a year,was a dog collar match that went all over the civic center and saw blood all over the place.

Will add the matches and pictures as I get them uploaded.

Looking forward to it!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Looking forward to it!
    Got 3 matches uploaded. Still got 2 matches,some after match promos and a bit of pre show footage of various people working out their matches in the ring.

Match 02
    Dirty Andy Dalton vs Amazing Danny Chance
    Andy is a second gen wrestler,his dad was famous deep south heel Frank Dalton. Andy has been wrestling 13 or so years. Danny Chance is a rookie and improves with every match. He is one of the most popular wrestlers in BIW and getting a match against a vet like Dalton is a nice sign that BIW sees a lot in Danny. Only drawback to Danny is his entrance theme is that Black & Yellow song. That gets stuck in your head for days.

This Bayou Indie Wrestling event was titled Making History. Because this match,the last match before the main event,was the first womens tag team match in BIW history. BIW has been around a bit over 10 years and has in the last 3 years started using more women wrestlers.

Match 04
    Alex Garcia,in pink with long hair..she recently worked for Stardom in Japan and got a try out at the WWE performance center,teams up with Alejandro Lion,long frizzy hair ...TX and now deep south lucha libre star, to face Ali Bama,white lady who works a southern belle gimmick,and Reiza Clarke,very tall and super nice lady.

Main Event

Apoc Adam Asher,20 year TX and other southern states indie vet works during the week as a high school teacher and youth minister, vs The Nightmare Known as Jeremiah,works for the MS department of Highways and did most of his own tattoos including a mount rushmore that includes various slasher icons.

This dog collar match is the blow off to a year long feud. Every show BIW has had either these two have faced each other or Jeremiah has interfered in Apoc's match. So these two guys had a Brutal Bloody Brawl all over the Lincoln County Civic Center. And used stuff like wooden tables,chairs,trash cans and even a table full of condiments. Lots of the older fans at the show were comparing it to the infamous Tupleo Concession Stand brawls.

Before the match started the promoter told the 2 guys working security and myself "Keep close to them and try to keep the crowd back."

If all goes right I will have the other two matches up tomorrow.

They are

Match 01-The King Rob Love,TX based guy doing a I am a King from vaguely Eastern Europe country..who the crowd has dubbed Burger King and/or Dairy Queen, vs the debuting Cam Cole.

and

Match 03-BIW,formerly NWA,Deep South Heritage Championship

Current Champ 50 Calibur Barrett Brown,has done some extra work for WWE and spends every weekend traveling from TX to places all over North America to wrestle, vs Bam Bam Malone,a younger TX based guy...who wrestles a bit like Mike Awesome.

Ha, this looks like crazy fun.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...e_EJ1CfNEn_YxA

Playlist of all 5 matches in order with some post match promos and stuff.

Hope yall enjoy.

I'll check it out after work.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks. People are loving the main event dog collar match. It was a great southern style brawl.

Well looked like I would be filming at a show this month.

Group I use to do video work for ,SWA, who normally stays in the white flight suburbs of Hattiesberg,and who's owner a few years back pitched a fit when a Greater Jackson area fed ran Hattiesberg,booked a fundraiser show at a high school near my home. The issue is since 2010 Brookhaven and pretty much the entire county has been BIW area.

BIW promoter contacted SWA guy about maybe working together,and the next day he gets this reply "I didn't know you ran there regularly. But the show is post ponsed anyways."

So now next show for me is middle of October. BIW is running a big show,last show of the year. Amazing Danny Chance is 4 and 0 in BIW so he is getting a title shot at the show. Talked to Danny the other day and gonna do a shortish interview with him before the show.