Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Renegades Of Funk is a great name.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It is. For year Joey wrestled as The Renegade Joey Abel.

Started doing video reviews of wrestling shows again.

Wanted something more than a talking head. So put some 1984 Memphis on the tv. Thru a few things on teh table behind me. And put my Hoodmark Lucha Libre championship on the couch.

Using a new mic,that sounds good to me. And the webcam built into my laptop. Working on getting the light right for filming but I will figure that out.

Also got in 5 kids sized lucha masks today. Found someone that charged me 12 bucks for 5. Next show gonna ask 12 each or 3 for 10. Only drawback is the Dr Wagner Jr mask I got sent is missing the string.

This isnt my footage. But months back I was given a stack of EPW dvds. ELite Pro Wrestling Aka EPW ran at the VFW hall in Kiln MS. Kiln is best known for two things. Brett Farve is from there and lives there now. And the Lazy Magnolia Brewing company is based there.

For yall non-hardcore wrestling fans Shane Douglas is known as The Franchise and was a huge star in ECW. Chris Black ,the guy in the pink polo shirt,paid Shane 400 bucks to come down and work the big EPW Show. Chris is a huge fan of Shane and asked Shane how much to get permission to call himself THe FRanchise Chris Black. Shane told him to add an extra 100 to his pay envelope after the show.

Shane was told to fly into Gulfport MS,since that is only 30 minutes from Kiln. Shane saw that by flying into New Orleans,a bit over an hour away from Kiln,he could save money on his plane ticket. So Shane flew to NOLA and called Chris Black. Black gave the ringside photographer an extra 40 bucks and had him drive to NOLA to get Shane.

Also I wanted to get this footage online since it is some great stuff with the recently passed Bullet Bob Armstrong. Bullet Bob and his 4 sons are like the Hart family of the deep south. The best known of the family to fans outside the deep south if Brian Jame Armstrong AKA Road Dogg of the New Age Outlaw and Degeneration X.

One last thing. Shane keeps on calling the fans in Kiln Cajuns....Not many Cajuns at all in Kiln MS. Kiln is more Hillbillies and inbreds.

And in October BIW is returning to my town.
    Name:  8Gt5AX1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  121.5 KB
    Cause of the virus the show isn't happening in the civic center. But in the rodeo arena behind the civic center. BIW ran the rodeo arena years ago,when they brought in Ted Dibiase SR. BIW could have ran the civic center but would have been limited to 125 tickets sold. Out in the rodeo area there is no limit right now.

Hoping my new mask is here by then.
    Name:  XpjNzEp.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  96.9 KB
    Name:  Yl7CR4A.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  113.7 KB
    Name:  IqOr2wB.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  110.2 KB

It's a Pentagon Jr mask.

My new mask came in over the weekend. Plus the promoter hooked me up with an extra ticket. So shot a quick vid to promote the show. And to announce the contest.

If you want a chance to win a free ticket to the oct 10th 2020 BIW show in Brookhaven. Email Kingofwrestlingpodcast@gmail.com.In the subject put BIW contest. Then Tell us who your favorite indie talent is. And why. Must give us at least 3 sentences. On Friday Oct 2nd Brandon and Ultimo Gallos will puck a winner.

The winner will get their ticket at the door the day of the show.

Also a week ago I found,still sealed in the shrink,that 16 megaton Complete Monty Python DVD set at a thrift for right at 2 bucks. Sold it to a buddy. Used my profits to order a green lyrca version of my old mask. Plus a red/green/white lucha libre cape. If all of it is in by October 3rd gonna wear all of it and get some promo pics taken.

March 23rd 2018

Steve Anthony vs John Saxon

Steve is one of the best in the south. He beat Jushin Thunder Lyger for the NWA jr heavyweight title a few years back. And was in charge of training the students at Harley Race's wrestling school.

John,who retired last year,is a deep south vet. I thought for years his real name was John Saxon. Nope turns out he is just a huge fan of the actor John Saxon.

Mask looks real good, Newt!

How's that Red Rooster comic? I really like Breitweiser but I don't do crowd fund stuff.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Mask looks real good, Newt!

How's that Red Rooster comic? I really like Breitweiser but I don't do crowd fund stuff.
    Havent read it yet. Seems they are now available at Walmart. I found it the other day.

Was told the mask looks a bit like an executioners mask. Its a Pentagon Jr mask. Wanted to buy one when I met him years ago. But the cheapest adult mask he had on him was 80. Got mine for a bit under half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Was told the mask looks a bit like an executioners mask.
    That was my first thought when I saw the pictures, it kind of does.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Havent read it yet. Seems they are now available at Walmart. I found it the other day
    Ah, I did see the story saying they signed a Walmart deal. I have mixed feelings about this. The main feeling being I don't want to go into Walmart.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"