Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

First match from the show. Using footage from 4 cameras edited together with the commentary. I think I'm doing commentary on this match.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 01-29-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Match 2

JD Griffey vs Anthony Andrews,this is the version made from 3 cameras footage. Never seen either guy before. I hope Griffey comes back.

Those blue glitter wrestling tights are pretty rad.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yep. There is a bunch of locals upgrading their gear the last 2 years.

See for years there was 3 main feds in MS and they all had their own rosters. So you saw the same matches over and over and over. Which is a big reason why it is only now after 8 years of good shows that the crowds are growing.

Now that there is fresh new talent coming into the area the locals are upgrading their gear.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 02-08-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Attachment 26395

Koby,Bodyslam Media Productions owner,is getting married next month. That is his Groom's cake.

3rd match of the show.

Southern Royality members Nightmare Known as Jeremiah and Angel Camacho vs Vordell Walker and T Ray

Vordell is a local favorite and this is his first match in town in close to 2 years. He is a firefighter in south LA now. So doesn't wrestle as much as he use to. T Ray ,at his table during intermission,had an 80 year old lady with a walker just walk off with two of his pics he was selling.

Jeremiah is a local guy. Camacho is HUGE in person.

King Rob Love vs Estrella Galactica

Estrella is a rising lucha star based in the Houston area. Not sure what was up in this match but he botched a few times.

Frankie Thomas BIW Deep South Heritage Champion vs Cassidy Riley

Riley is the guy who trained Frankie. Early in 2020 the promoter of BIW told us how Riley is retiring soon and wants his last big feud to be with his favorite student. Frankie was suppose to last year goto Florida and have a WWE tryout. Then Covid hit and that got delayed. Talking to Frankie appears WWE has reached out to him again and told him to come down to Florida any time for the tryout.

This wasn't the best match but it was mostly booked to set up a rematch at the show in May. Which will be a tables match.

Main Event

Steve Anthony BIW Southern Heavyweight Champion defends the title against Apoc Adam Asher.

I have been watching wrestling for over 40 years now and Anthony did one of the biggest heel tactic I have ever seen. About 10 minutes into that video you will see Steve just fall to the mat. This wasn't planned. The ref checks on Steve and Steve didn't respond. So Josh,the promoter,goes to the back to get Vordell Walker,who is a firefighter,and Cassidy Riley,who is a nurse. As you can see both hit the ring and look closely and you will see Cassidy place his hand into Steve's hand. Cassidy leaned in and told Steve "Look I know your son is here. If you are faking just squeeze my hand. If you don't squeeze it we are calling for an ambulance." Steve didn't squeeze the hand. And as you can see in the footage one of the security guards at the event pulls out his phone and calls 911. Then out of nowhere Steve pops up and attacks Apoc.

What wasn't captured on video,cause it happened back in the locker room, is once Vordell and Cassidy got back to the locker room they were both pissed. Vordell was livid and had to be stopped from coming back out and kicking Steve's ass.

IMHO I have no issue with Steve "working" the fans. But when Cassidy asked him to squeeze his hand if he was faking and Steve didn't it crossed a line.

Thanks for this, and the back story, Newt. Overcommitment to the bit does kind of suck some of the fun out of booing the bad guy.