Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrow Releasing Driller Killer

Arrow Releasing Driller Killer

Final specs and artwork announced.

*** THE DRILLER KILLER FINAL SPECS AND ARTWORK ***

It is time to reveal the full specs and art for The Driller Killer and boy do we have something exciting to share! While working on our new 4K restoration it quickly became apparent that the original camera negative contained footage which wasn’t included in the theatrical version but instead represented an earlier cut. This longer version features five minutes of additional material, spread throughout the film. Abel Ferrara confirmed that he had intentionally trimmed this footage for his theatrical cut (which has formed the basis for all previous video and DVD masters) but also gave permission for us to include this never-before-seen version on our release!

Check out the full specs below and pre-order you copy now:

Order the UK SteelBook: http://bit.ly/2farJil
    Order the UK Amaray: http://bit.ly/2fappYM
    Order the US SteelBook: http://bit.ly/2farfZo
    Order the US Amaray: http://bit.ly/2famQWs

----------------------------------------------------

STEELBOOK DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Limited Edition SteelBook featuring original artwork (2,500 copies)
    • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative of the never-before-seen pre-release version and the theatrical cut
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations in both 1.85:1 and 1.37:1 aspect ratios
    • Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
    • Audio commentary by director and star Abel Ferrara, moderated by Brad Stevens (author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision) and recorded exclusively for this release
    • Laine and Abel: An Interview with the Driller Killer, a brand-new interview with Ferrara
    • Willing and Abel: Ferraraology 101, a new visual essay guide to the films and career of Ferrara by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45
    • Mulberry St., Ferrara’s feature-length 2010 documentary portrait of the New York location that has played a key role in his life and work, available on home video in the UK for the first time ever
    • Trailer
    • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Michael Pattison and Brad Stevens

AMARAY - DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative of the never-before-seen pre-release version and the theatrical cut
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations in both 1.85:1 and 1.37:1 aspect ratios
    • Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
    • Audio commentary by director and star Abel Ferrara, moderated by Brad Stevens (author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision) and recorded exclusively for this release
    • Laine and Abel: An Interview with the Driller Killer, a brand-new interview with Ferrara
    • Willing and Abel: Ferraraology 101, a new visual essay guide to the films and career of Ferrara by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45
    • Mulberry St., Ferrara’s feature-length 2010 documentary portrait of the New York location that has played a key role in his life and work, available on home video in the US for the first time ever
    • Trailer
    • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
    FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Michael Pattison and Brad Stevens

Name:  14716168_1334833809883943_4208883050687161119_n.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  65.4 KB
    Name:  14731245_1334833586550632_5465444358557622404_n.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  35.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I hope Abel is drunk again for the commentary.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I'm pumped for this! I love the option of two different aspect ratios.

Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Cold Heaven (Nicolas Roeg, 1991)

This looks to have some great extras. I'll be keeping my old dvd that had the great, drunken commentary plus his early short films.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
    my old dvd that had the great, drunken commentary
    Pretty sure that was dope, not booze talking on the commentary. Rumor has it that Cult Epics gave him a few thousand to use to shoot extras with, and he blew it on yayo. That's yet another countless reason why I loves me some Ferrara- dude don't give a fuck, and is chock full of talent and charisma.

Has he cleaned up his act at all? I remember reading he left to go to Italy because he'd burned too many people by taking their money and not delivering on projects, etc.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
    Has he cleaned up his act at all?
    Yes, he's a lot more coherent on this disc, but still very amusing. Disc is great, solid extras which do a great job of putting this in context with his other films, and with two cuts of the film both available in different aspect ratios. There haven't been many Arrow discs that have interested me this year, and some have been disappointing quality-wise, but this is a reminder of how good they can be.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Yayo?

Ferrara's been walking the straight and narrow for a while now. He's even a Buddhist.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Cold Heaven (Nicolas Roeg, 1991)