Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Psychomania on Blu-ray!

Psychomania on Blu-ray!

No real details but check it out...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychomania...164660&sr=1-76

Looks like this is happening in Sept.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Excellent! I'm assuming this is a Flipside release, which reminds me that I need to buy EXPRESSO BONGO when I pop into my local HMV this week.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Attachment 15610
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I remember seeing this when it came out on DVD and enjoying it a lot. It would definitely be fun to rewatch on Blu-ray.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Full press release - lots of extras here!

BFI Flipside presents Psychomania - A film by Don Sharp

Nicky Henson, Mary Larkin, George Sanders, Beryl Reid, Roy Holder, Robert Hardy

Soundtrack by John Cameron

Packed with gothic tropes, black humour and eccentric performances (including George Sanders’ final screen role), Psychomania is a cult horror classic brimming with exciting action and fantastical mayhem. On 26 September 2016 it will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in a Dual Format Edition by BFI Flipside, stuffed with special features including interviews with cast members, rare short films, a new interview with Nicky Henson, a new short film about Lewis Leathers and more.

Upon discovering a dark family secret, Tom Latham (Nicky Henson), the leader of hell-raising teen motorcycle gang The Living Dead, decides to take drastic measures to ensure his gang’s superiority. Through his devil-worshipping mother (Beryl Reid), Tom makes a pact with Satan to ascertain the secret of immortality. Using this information he encourages his fellow riders to end their lives, safe in the knowledge that they’ll soon return from the dead to invulnerably terrorise the locals.

Psychomania will be launched with a screening at BFI Southbank (NFT1) on Wednesday 14 September at 8.30pm, followed by a Q&A with actor Nicky Henson, hosted by Flipside curators Vic Pratt and William Fowler. It will also be screened at the Starburst International Film Festival in Manchester on Friday 26 August and around the country as part of Scalarama during September.

Special features
    · Newly remastered in 2K from preservation negatives and presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
    · Return of the Living Dead (2010, 25 mins): interviews with stars Nicky Henson, Mary Larkin, Denis Gilmore, Roy Holder and Rocky Taylor
    · Sound of Psychomania (2010, 9 mins): interview with soundtrack composer John Cameron
    · Riding Free (2010, 7 mins): interview with ‘Riding Free’ singer Harvey Andrews
    · An interview with Nicky Henson (2016, 14 mins): the star of Psychomania recalls his time on the film
    · Hell for Leather (2016, 8 mins): documentary about Lewis Leathers who supplied the film’s costumes
    · Remastering Psychomania (2016, 2 mins)
    · Discovering Britain with John Betjeman: Avebury, Wiltshire (1955, 3 mins): the celebrated British poet narrates this travelogue about the Avebury stone circle and nearby burial grounds
    · Roger Wonders Why (1965, 19 mins): a church-made amateur film which sees two Christian biker youths visit the legendary 59 Club, where they meet its founder, Reverend Bill Shergold
    · Original theatrical trailer
    · Wilson Bros Trivia Track (2016, onscreen text): a newly-produced subtitle trivia-track by the horror aficionado siblings
    · Illustrated booklet with new writing by Vic Pratt, William Fowler and Andrew Roberts; and full film credits

Product details:
    RRP: £19.99/ Cat. no. BFIB1259 / Cert 15 / BFI Flipside No. 033
    UK / 1973 / colour / English language, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles / 91 mins / original aspect ratio 1.66:1 // BD50: 1080p, 24fps, PCM mono (48kHz/24-bit) / DVD9: PAL, 25fps, Dolby Digital 1.0 mono (192kbps)

More details on screenings at:
    http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson
    http://www.starburstfilmfest.co.uk
    http://www.scalarama.com

BFI releases are available from all good home entertainment retailers or by mail order from the BFI Shop Tel: 020 7815 1350 or online at www.bfi.org.uk/shop
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw this when I was about Twelve and I just don't get the appeal. No interest in revisiting it. Sorry guys.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

To each their own, obviously, but I really like this one. It's dated and very much a product of its time but I find it offers the right mix of screwy horror and genuinely odd tone.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great news. If I remember correctly the DVD looked like shit. Really bad encoding.

Arrow has this slated for a US release in Feb. 2017.

NEW US TITLE: Psychomania Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD
    Zombie bikers run amok is southern England.
    Pre-orders links should be live soon!
    Release Date: 21st February 2017

The United States gave motorcycle-mad cinemagoers Easy Rider, The Wild One and The Wild Angels. The United Kingdom gave them Psychomania, the tale of zombie bikers run amok is southern England.

The Living Dead are a delinquent biker gang, fond of causing havoc on British roadways and making out in graveyards. Gang leader Tom (Nicky Henson) also has a Satanist for a mother, and when he discovers the secret of immortality, the name of his motley crew takes on a more literal meaning…

Directed by Hammer veteran Don Sharp (The Kiss of the Vampire, The Devil-Ship Pirates) and co-starring Beryl Reid (Dr. Phibes Rises Again) and George Sanders (Village of the Damned), Psychomania is a wonderfully offbeat gem, outlandish and eccentric in equal measure.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
    •2K restoration from preservation negatives
    •High Definition (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    •Original 1.0 mono audio (uncompressed on the Blu-ray)
    •Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    •Brand-new interview with star Nicky Henson
    •Return of the Living Dead, an archive featurette containing interviews actors Henson, Mary Larkin, Denis Gilmore, Roy Holder and Rocky Taylor
    •Sound of Psychomania, an archive interview with composer John Cameron
    •Riding Free, an archive interview with ‘Riding Free’ singer Harvey Andrews
    •Hell for Leather, a brand-new featurette on the company who supplied the film’s costumes
    •Remastering Psychomania, a look at the film’s restoration from the original 35mm black and white separation masters
    •Theatrical trailer
    •Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
    FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet containing writing by Vic Pratt, William Fowler and Andrew Roberts

Name:  14947713_1350107875023203_9095001478260413672_n.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  28.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is showing at the Alamo Drafthouse in Brooklyn tomorrow.

https://drafthouse.com/show/weird-wednesday-psychomania
    Rock! Shock! Pop!