Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeder / Revenge Of The Dead

Zeder / Revenge Of The Dead

OK, Code Red has made an official announcement on this one so I'll split it off from the main CR thread.

"Here is an early preview of the upcoming Blu-Ray of ZEDER (aka REVENGE OF THE DEAD).

Mystery, science fiction and horror fuel this pulse-pounding supernatural thriller from Italian director Pupi Avati (HOUSE OF LAUGHING WINDOWS). This is not your usual zombie flick, but a thought-provoking puzzler steeped in ancient mysteries, "Zeder" will make you believe the dead can walk again.

Stefano, a budding novelist,(Gabriele Lavia, DEEP RED, BEYOND THE DOOR) receives the gift of a typewriter from his wife on their wedding anniversary. While changing the ribbon, he discovers the typed imprint of writing left by the previous owner. Fascinated by this startling essay, Stefano uncovers the experiments of scientist Paolo Zeder whose claims of places where death ceases to exist intrigue the young writer. Obsessed with finding the truth about Zeder's theories, Stefano is led on a terrifying journey where he is confronted with an occult conspiracy to reanimate the dead!

The first 2,000 copies of ZEDER will include a slipsleeve featuring custom artwork by artist Nathan Thomas Milliner, so be sure to pre-book it when we start taking orders next month!

New HD master with extensive color correction - exclusive to this release
    Reversible Artwork featuring the original movie poster artwork of REVENGE OF THE DEAD

New interview with star Gabriele Lavia
    New interview with director Pupi Avati
    In Italian with English subtitles and the English dub
    Original U.S Theatrical Trailer"

Name:  15235519_1240856659306841_5339430018500066304_o.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  79.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've got to say, obviously the verdict is still out until we see finished product but Code Red is at least trying to up their game and taking fan feedback into account.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    I was just thinking the same thing actually. In Italian with English subs. Perhaps Bill's brother has shaked some sense into him at last.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Thank you, Ian! Do you know if this is going to be through Cartel, SAE or the upcoming Scorpion/Ronin distro?

I'd say Ronin is a safe bet for sure, not sure about the other outlets. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's actually pretty nice cover art. Usually I prefer original poster art, but that's not bad (unlike the reverse of Don't Go in the House). Of course, the art could just say "Movie" and I'd still buy the blu for either of these flicks.
    Check out my F'dup Flix blog for more musings on disreputable films.

Latest post: The "Halloween" series

lol remember when crazy bill first posted the cover for his zeder/revenge of the dead blu-ray?

people pointed out how fucking stupid it was to use the US poster for zeder because it has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. like usual code red sycophants came out of the woodwork to defend his weird choice of cover artwork, as though it was the most normal thing in the world. same guys now probably think the new cover is a "brilliant idea". brainwashed douchebags!

Quote Originally Posted by killer must kill again View Post
    lol remember when crazy bill first posted the cover for his zeder/revenge of the dead blu-ray?

people pointed out how fucking stupid it was to use the US poster for zeder because it has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. like usual code red sycophants came out of the woodwork to defend his weird choice of cover artwork, as though it was the most normal thing in the world. same guys now probably think the new cover is a "brilliant idea". brainwashed douchebags!
    I read your post in Trump's voice.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Big Pupi Avati fan, hope this is a quality release.

X-rated are giving this a Blu-ray release in Germany soon. Some comparison caps between their new 2k scan and the CR Blu-ray here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=296503
    Rock! Shock! Pop!