Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class of Nuke 'Em High [1986]

Class of Nuke 'Em High [1986]

I know what you're probably thinking- who hasn't seen this one? 'Tis true, but this fucker gets more action in my house than a toilet seat. One of those films I saw on Cinemax a few years before I reached adolescence, and left an impact on me for the rest of my life. One of those nights when I was watching a pay-per-view boxing event on a Friday nite in the late 80's, and I stayed up afterwards to flick back and forth between Headbanger's Ball, and whatever piqued my interest on cable. Dunno, but this one is quotable as fuck, and I just never tire of it. Resonated with me, and even at that age I knew I was onto something. This love of exploitation, horror, art house, and smut we share is something we're born with, and if we embrace and nurture it, it will fully develop and blossom into something magnificent. That's basically what this one did. It was the seed that was planted, and just fed into my curiosity of what else was out there aside from the stuff my dad would rent and watch with me while my mom worked her 12 hour shift at the hospital. I was used to the fairly bland and vanilla offerings that were cool as a kid, but nothing in comparison to off the wall titles like Nuke 'Em High. I'd love me some Halloween, Child's Play, etc., but I always leaned more towards the titles that were in a league of their own (i.e.: Basket Case, Sleepaway Camp, Blood Diner).

So, what do y'all think of this one, and what are some your memories of it? Myself... I'm beyond obsession with it because of so many factors. First off, it was one of those films that helped to kindle my love for horror and exploitation, it's as nostalgic an experience for me as looking at old family photo albums, that repetitive but killer soundtrack, the oh-so quotable dialogue, titty balls, and those gnarly practical effects!

Here's four of my super duper rare French lobby cards.

Here's the track that has eluded everyone until now, and it can be snagged on iTunes or Amazon.

Yeah...same for me....
    Saw this and toxic avenger when I was at that impressionable teen age and they just resonated with me..Troma seemed like such an edgy / out there movie studio..especially Toxie and this seemed to get the Troma formula spot on...not sure I would feel the same way if I had seen them as an adult....Dont think I have seen either of them in 10 years though....

We rented the Media VHS countless times when we were growing up and when Troma released the uncut version in the '90s, it was just about the greatest thing that ever happened (along with the uncut versions of REDNECK ZOMBIES and TROMA'S WAR). I still have alot of the "Troma's Collector's Series" on VHS - they're treasures to me (and most of their films look better open matte IMO).

Haven't seen this since I was a teen but like everyone else here it use to be a favourite. Wouldn't mind revisiting it to see what I think of it today.

This and Toxic Avenger both wear thin after about 30-45 minutes. At least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    This and Toxic Avenger both wear thin after about 30-45 minutes. At least to me.
    Not when you are a teenager when they were initially released on home video rhey don't!!!

Received my minty fresh British quad from Ireland today...

Damn, that's gorgeous.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!