Thread: Kung Fu Yoga (2017) Jackie Chan / Stanley Tong

Kung Fu Yoga (2017) Jackie Chan / Stanley Tong

Yes....the title is a bit crap....but this re~teaming of Chan and Tong seems to hark back to the Operation Condor era of Jackie...stupid jokes and all....could be entertaining..although the lion is a bit worrying.

His last HK one ( Chinese Zodiac) was supposed to be an Operation condor type adventure too though..and it was pretty ...meh.
    At least his Chinese ones are still better than his US attempts these days...

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    and it was pretty ...meh.
    Meh is to kind. It was unwatchable. The first 20-30 min are meh, but then it deteriorates into his shittiest film ever. Horrendous.

This looks barely all right from the trailer, but I am sure it will be meh.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    Meh is to kind. It was unwatchable. The first 20-30 min are meh, but then it deteriorates into his shittiest film ever. Horrendous.

This looks barely all right from the trailer, but I am sure it will be meh.
    Haha...you need to do what I do Swede.....I just imagine Jackie never made a film before the year 2000...then when I watch his newer movies I can be a little bit more generous!!

In all honesty I guess this one may be pretty MEH too....but that lion may drop the rating down an extra point if it is in the movie more than 5 mins...

Here is the international version of the trailer..only SLIGHTLY different...but worth watching for Jackie taking part in a Bollywood style song and dance at the end....

Wtf???

Wtf...part 2

Yes. That is quite WTF indeed.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Got a pretty positive review over at SCREEN ANARCHY..

http://screenanarchy.com/2017/01/rev...adventure.html

Once it gets rolling, the exceedingly silly Kung Fu Yoga made me very happy.
    Though it takes a good while to reach the ice cave, once there the action really starts rolling, first with a well-choreographed fight sequence between the opposing teams, everyone rolling and sliding around on the ice. After that, the movie picks up speed, next heading to Dubai and then to India for more fun action sequences.
    The review DOES highlight the faults of the movie.....but it also notes it is a lot better than Chinese Zodiac...mostly because TONG is heavily involved...

It wont be an ARMOR OF GOD...those days are well past Chan....but it does seem to be a step in the right direction...

Poor Jackie.....now he is getting flack for racially stereotyping Indian xharacters in this movie...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...oga-criticised

1. I am pretty sure Chans movies are supposed to be parodies anyway..who takes them seriously?????

2. Have any of these 'critics' ever even SEEN a Bollywood movie???....Not exactly the Politically Correct dream they are inagining I think....

3. Wasnt this a Chinese / India co production???

4. I doubt Chan and China even give a shit...how much money this will rake in on its Chinese release ALONE....