Thread: Dumbo (Live Action) Burton/Smith/ Hanks

Dumbo (Live Action) Burton/Smith/ Hanks

After tackling Beauty and the Beast live action I guess Disney can see the dollar signs in making live action versions of ALL their old animations....I know they have done some in the past already (101 Dalmations for example) but I guess the computer cgi characters are able to be fully incorporated with todays technology...

Will Smith is in talks to star in a live-action take on Dumbo for director Tim Burton.

According to Deadline, the Oscar-nominated actor is being targeted by Disney for a key role in the film, based on the 1941 animation about a big-eared circus elephant. He would play the father of children who form a bond with Dumbo. According to Variety, Tom Hanks has been offered a role as the villain.

The original is a stone cold masterpiece of animation. Worst idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy G View Post
    The original is a stone cold masterpiece of animation. Worst idea ever.
    Just wait til they get around to 'live~actioning' all those other childhood animation favorites!!!!!

(To he fair though, the new JUNGLE BOOK is supposed to be very good..)

Apparently FAVREAU is tackling a live action LION KING next.....and maybe a sequel to his JUNGLE BOOK

http://www.slashfilm.com/jon-favreau...n-king-remake/

A steaming pile of elephant shit is lurking.
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

Weeeeeiiird....
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Banks View Post
    A steaming pile of elephant shit is lurking.
    Haha...I think HANKS might be ok...but Will Smith and his overbearing personality???..The only thing worse would be if he had his kids in it too!!!

And not sure why anyone thinks BURTON can direct a decent version of DUMBO...not exactly his style I think.....

Are they going to go the 99% CGI and green screen like they did for Jungle Book?

Are they gonna let Burton interpret the story any way he wants??.Actually just realised that Burton pretty much only does remakes /reboots for the most part anyway..never saw his ALICE movie....

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Like so many other remakes I'm just going to pretend this doesn't exist. The original is one of Disney's five best films, and it'll still be that despite the new version.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post

(To he fair though, the new JUNGLE BOOK is supposed to be very good..)

Apparently FAVREAU is tackling a live action LION KING next.....and maybe a sequel to his JUNGLE BOOK

http://www.slashfilm.com/jon-favreau...n-king-remake/
    THE JUNGLE BOOK is quite good. Closer to the Kipling stories than one would expect. I like the original feature but it is mid-tier Disney and of course based on the classic book by Kipling. I'm not a fan of THE LION KING or many of the 90s Disney features. But I revisited a number of Disney classics and DUMBO stood out as the best of the bunch by a country mile.

Will Smith plays dumbo? Good casting. He has ears that stand out, like on an elephant.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

The Swede wins the internet.