Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raw - French/Belgian Cannibal Film

Matt just got outed as being sexist. A sexist wuss.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

OK, relax there, Biff.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Just heard of this film. Has anyone here actually seen it? Blu-ray is $25 on Amazon so I'd like to know if it's worth buying.
    The best release of this ecellent film is the region free Australia - Monster Pictures BD as it has the most/lengthiest extras.

Ordered a Scandinavian Blu-ray from eBay. Cheaper than the Australian disc and I doubt I need to see the extras.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

I have the Australian version too, its a nice package.

Ordered a Scandinavian Blu-ray from eBay. Cheaper than the Australian disc and I doubt I need to see the extras.
    This is what you get as extras on the Australian Monster Pictures BD & basically it comes to nearly 4hours worth:

Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood
    "Raw À Votre Goût" An In-Discussion Featurette with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood (13:18)
    Australian Premiere Introduction with Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse & Filmmaker Julia Ducournau (5:21)
    Australian Premiere Q&A with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse (40:16)
    Genre Matters: Women Genre Filmmakers Panel with Julia Ducournau, Briony Kidd, Mattie Do, Marisa Brown, Heidi Lee Douglas, Donna McRae & Isabel Peppard (57:00)
    Quick Bites with Julia Ducournau and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas (2:54)
    Have You Seen the Cannibal Girl Publicity Stunt (1:42)
    Alternative Opening (1:45)
    Deleted Scene #1 (1:57)
    Deleted Scene #2 (2:43)
    Critic Quote #1 (:13)
    Critic Quote #2 (:13)
    Theatrical Trailer (1:45)
    Teaser Trailer (1:13)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    This is what you get as extras on the Australian Monster Pictures BD & basically it comes to nearly 4hours worth:

Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood
    "Raw À Votre Goût" An In-Discussion Featurette with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood (13:18)
    Australian Premiere Introduction with Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse & Filmmaker Julia Ducournau (5:21)
    Australian Premiere Q&A with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse (40:16)
    Genre Matters: Women Genre Filmmakers Panel with Julia Ducournau, Briony Kidd, Mattie Do, Marisa Brown, Heidi Lee Douglas, Donna McRae & Isabel Peppard (57:00)
    Quick Bites with Julia Ducournau and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas (2:54)
    Have You Seen the Cannibal Girl Publicity Stunt (1:42)
    Alternative Opening (1:45)
    Deleted Scene #1 (1:57)
    Deleted Scene #2 (2:43)
    Critic Quote #1 (:13)
    Critic Quote #2 (:13)
    Theatrical Trailer (1:45)
    Teaser Trailer (1:13)
    Wauw! That's some extras! I've had the Scandinavian bluray lying around since last summer and still haven't got around to watching it. I'm confident it's completely barebone but then again I paid close to nothing at a sale from Gucca.dk so that's alright.

That's a lot! Still, I'm fine with just the film.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

But does it have any subtitles you understand? I mean, the film is in french after all. Or do you speak french?
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    But does it have any subtitles you understand? I mean, the film is in french after all. Or do you speak french?
    Universal released it in the UK, Germany, Spain & Scandinavia so it'll have the SAME subs on each release. ONLY France & Australia has it been released by another company & the former is NON-English friendly but does have lengthy interviews, while the latter release has burnt-in subs but has the best/most/lengthiest extras.