Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Raw - French/Belgian Cannibal Film

  1. #21
    Matt just got outed as being sexist. A sexist wuss.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

    Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

  2. #22
    MCMLXXX Matt H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    3,342
    OK, relax there, Biff.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Just heard of this film. Has anyone here actually seen it? Blu-ray is $25 on Amazon so I'd like to know if it's worth buying.
    The best release of this ecellent film is the region free Australia - Monster Pictures BD as it has the most/lengthiest extras.

  4. #24
    Girl Boss Jane Alison Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,802
    Ordered a Scandinavian Blu-ray from eBay. Cheaper than the Australian disc and I doubt I need to see the extras.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

  5. #25
    I have the Australian version too, its a nice package.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Ordered a Scandinavian Blu-ray from eBay. Cheaper than the Australian disc and I doubt I need to see the extras.
    This is what you get as extras on the Australian Monster Pictures BD & basically it comes to nearly 4hours worth:

    Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood
    "Raw À Votre Goût" An In-Discussion Featurette with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood (13:18)
    Australian Premiere Introduction with Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse & Filmmaker Julia Ducournau (5:21)
    Australian Premiere Q&A with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse (40:16)
    Genre Matters: Women Genre Filmmakers Panel with Julia Ducournau, Briony Kidd, Mattie Do, Marisa Brown, Heidi Lee Douglas, Donna McRae & Isabel Peppard (57:00)
    Quick Bites with Julia Ducournau and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas (2:54)
    Have You Seen the Cannibal Girl Publicity Stunt (1:42)
    Alternative Opening (1:45)
    Deleted Scene #1 (1:57)
    Deleted Scene #2 (2:43)
    Critic Quote #1 (:13)
    Critic Quote #2 (:13)
    Theatrical Trailer (1:45)
    Teaser Trailer (1:13)

  7. #27
    Senior Member Jack J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere outside
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    This is what you get as extras on the Australian Monster Pictures BD & basically it comes to nearly 4hours worth:

    Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood
    "Raw À Votre Goût" An In-Discussion Featurette with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood (13:18)
    Australian Premiere Introduction with Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse & Filmmaker Julia Ducournau (5:21)
    Australian Premiere Q&A with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Monster Fest Director Kier-La Janisse (40:16)
    Genre Matters: Women Genre Filmmakers Panel with Julia Ducournau, Briony Kidd, Mattie Do, Marisa Brown, Heidi Lee Douglas, Donna McRae & Isabel Peppard (57:00)
    Quick Bites with Julia Ducournau and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas (2:54)
    Have You Seen the Cannibal Girl Publicity Stunt (1:42)
    Alternative Opening (1:45)
    Deleted Scene #1 (1:57)
    Deleted Scene #2 (2:43)
    Critic Quote #1 (:13)
    Critic Quote #2 (:13)
    Theatrical Trailer (1:45)
    Teaser Trailer (1:13)
    Wauw! That's some extras! I've had the Scandinavian bluray lying around since last summer and still haven't got around to watching it. I'm confident it's completely barebone but then again I paid close to nothing at a sale from Gucca.dk so that's alright.

  8. #28
    Girl Boss Jane Alison Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,802
    That's a lot! Still, I'm fine with just the film.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

  9. #29
    Senior Member The Silly Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swedonia
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Ordered a Scandinavian Blu-ray from eBay. Cheaper than the Australian disc and I doubt I need to see the extras.
    But does it have any subtitles you understand? I mean, the film is in french after all. Or do you speak french?
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    But does it have any subtitles you understand? I mean, the film is in french after all. Or do you speak french?
    Universal released it in the UK, Germany, Spain & Scandinavia so it'll have the SAME subs on each release. ONLY France & Australia has it been released by another company & the former is NON-English friendly but does have lengthy interviews, while the latter release has burnt-in subs but has the best/most/lengthiest extras.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 12:31 PM
  2. Those French thrillers ...
    By Wllm Clys in forum Euro Cult
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 09:31 PM
  3. French Slasher - Last Caress
    By Ian Jane in forum Euro Cult
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 11:31 PM
  4. Pardon my French
    By Nolando in forum Music
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •