Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonny Chiba Alert! Arrow Releasing Wolf Guy Enraged On Blu-ray In april 2017

Sonny Chiba Alert! Arrow Releasing Wolf Guy Enraged On Blu-ray In april 2017

This restores my faith in the world.

NEW UK/US TITLE: Wolf Guy (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD)

Truly is one-of-a-kind, with Sonny Chiba in full effect as the part-man, part-wolf, all-karate action hero

Pre-order in the UK: http://bit.ly/2inYghd
    North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
    Release Dates: 24/25 April

Shinichi "Sonny" Chiba is a martial arts "manimal" in the ultra-70's, 100% bizarre mixture of horror, action and sci-fi that is Wolf Guy, one of the rarest and most sought-after cult films produced by Japan's Toei Studio. Based on a manga by Kazumasa Hirai (creator of 8 Man), and never before released outside of Japan, it's a genre film classic waiting to be discovered and a completely unclassifiable trip into phantasmagoric funk.

Chiba stars as Akira Inugami, the only survivor of a clan of ancient werewolves who relies on his supernatural powers to solve mysterious crimes. After a series of bloody killings perpetrated by an unseen force, Inugami uncovers a conspiracy involving a murdered cabaret singer, corrupt politicians, and a plot by the J-CIA to harvest his blood in order to steal his lycanthropic powers! At the same time, Inugami also discovers the truth behind his family heritage, and that he may not be the last of his kind.

Directed by B-movie genius Kazuhiko Yamaguchi (Sister Streetfighter, Wandering Ginza Butterfly, Karate Bear Fighter), Wolf Guy truly is one-of-a-kind, with Chiba in full effect as the part-man, part-wolf, all-karate action hero and a collection of familiar 1970's Toei actors in support. Violence, action, nudity, real surgical footage, and a psychedelic musical score all work together to create an unforgettable trip to the heights of Japanese cinematic weirdness.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
    • High Definition digital transfer
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    • Original uncompressed mono audio
    • New optional English subtitle translation
    • New video interview with actor Shinichi "Sonny" Chiba
    • New video interview with director Kazuhiko Yamaguchi
    • New video interview with producer Tatsu Yoshida
    • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Wes Benscoter

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Patrick Macias and a history of Japanese monster movie mashups by Jasper Sharp

Name:  15965326_1423865627647427_151921465185685434_n.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  47.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

ok, you type faster

Ha! What matters is our unified joy that this is actually happening - and this is clearly a great sign of things to come...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I watched the film not long ago..it's great and it surely deserves the release but to be honest I hoped for a boxset of other Chiba early 70s lesser known films... A box with Narcotics Agent's Ballad, Yakuza Deka and others...
    Last edited by tetrapak; 01-13-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Thank God for the reversible cover because Arrow can't be trusted with their retarded ass original artwork. This wes bencoter needs to go -- haven't seen a semi decent original artwork from him yet.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

OMG, I never expected we'd get this. Wow, oh wow!

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    So great!! Arrow are really coming out strong in 2017 already!
    Looking for Orozco the Embalmer (Camera Obscura) and the Swedish theatrical poster of Breaking Point (Vibenius/"Ron Silberman Jr.", 1975).

Just ordered two copies. Gotta support this release! I can give the second copy as bithday present to a Japanese friend.

As anyone who's been reading the Chiba thread knows, this is my favourite Chiba film out the 130 I have seen so far (of course The Street Fighter is almost as good).

Hmmm? debating whether to pull the trigger on the pre-order since the price is reasonable in US dollars & I like the flick and all but ya just know this shit is gonna end up £6 during one of their flash sales.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

I'm just starting to get serious on watching Japanese films from the 70's so this is great news for me. On other not so good news, Arrow has delayed the release of Kairo/Pulse until July! It was delayed once already and was supposed to come out on the 24th February so we can only hope this massive postponement is all to ensure a top quality product.