Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sonny Chiba Alert! Arrow Releasing Wolf Guy Enraged On Blu-ray In april 2017

I watched this for the first time and really enjoyed it, particularly the story developments along the way and the funky music. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been the inclusion of...well, for those who haven't watched it, I don't want to reveal a spoiler. But I'm pretty sure those who have seen it know what I mean. Maybe I'm an idiot for having expected to see a certain thing; yet I bet I'm not the only one who, upon watching it for the first time (and not having thoroughly read about it beforehand), was pretty surprised by its absence.
    VHS will never die!

No, you're not an idiot for having expected to see that certain thing. I had the same reaction the first time I saw it too. Despite the fact that it's a bit misleading though, it's a pretty wild ride.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I love Marc's work. but right now I feel like quoting the former President of Finland and say "God Damn dumbfucks!"

- https://twitter.com/outcastmarc/stat...71551655575558

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    I can't speak of the non-Japanese Arrow releases but I generally enjoy the writings of Macias + Sharp. Macias writes in a light breezy style, more from a fan's perspective while Sharp is more scholarly and gives more historical context...although, I agree that his essay for the WOLF GUY booklet seems a tad out of left field. I enjoyed the interviews as well especially Yamaguchi as he wasn't just spitting out pearly platitudes but just seemed disinterested in recalling anything about this movie especially since he admitted he didn't even want to make it in the first place.
    Listening to today's The Movies That Made Me podcast and Bill Hader mentions Wolf Guy and brings up the interview with Yamaguchi on this disc.

Speaking of Wolf Guy, and Marc Walkow (who I wound up going to see Guitar Wolf with a couple of months ago, which was an odd twist of fate), he's in Japan and found this!

Name:  chiba.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  73.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!