Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Coffin Joe Thread

From the Mondo Macabro FB page:

We'll have some copies of this loooooooong OOP UK DVD of the Coffin Joe classic during our upcoming Halloween Sale! There will be other OOP discs, including a few of our previous Red Case BDs which now fetch stupid money on Ebay. We'll also have a generous sale on most of our in-print back catalog!

THIS SALE WILL START MONDAY, OCTOBER 23rd at 8:30 PST/11:30 EST (Google what time this is where you live)! The sale will run through Friday Nov. 3rd.

Two days into the sale, on Oct. 25th, we'll have the much anticipated Red Case LE pre-sale for BLOOD SPATTERED BRIDE!

There will be a few other surprises as well! Make sure to check it out!

Name:  22489995_1741349975958049_304501227471809885_n.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  27.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

So two HDTV rips from Brazilian TV have shown up on CG in the last couple of days...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    So two HDTV rips from Brazilian TV have shown up on CG in the last couple of days...
    I was watching films this week from that great boxset put out in the UK and lamenting the fact these are still MIA on blu-ray.

Sadly, they'll probably remain that way but the HDTV rip that's going around looks nice... I'll post some caps later.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Sadly, they'll probably remain that way but the HDTV rip that's going around looks nice... I'll post some caps later.
    I grabbed a couple caps for this thread yesterday but never posted them, so please excuse me...

2nd Coffin Joe film & Inferno Carnal are the 2 films broadcast so far.

Thanks John, I spaced on that yesterday.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Is it rights issues preventing a BLU RAY release. Or a perceived lack of demand.

If I remember correctly, when Synapse released the 3 CJ films last year they said that they weren't allowed access to the elements and that they wouldn't stand up to a new HD scan because they were in such horrible shape. Not sure how this managed to emerge if that was the case. Possibly an issue of the rights holders jerking Synapse around.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

If I remember correctly, when Synapse released the 3 CJ films last year they said that they weren't allowed access to the elements and that they wouldn't stand up to a new HD scan because they were in such horrible shape. Not sure how this managed to emerge if that was the case. Possibly an issue of the rights holders jerking Synapse around.
    Damn shame, I find it kind of shocking that the country of origin of these films does not have them in a national archive. These are important cultural artifacts from Brazil and should have been preserved years ago. Not sure what the scene is like in Brazil with organizations dedicated in preserving the countries movie output but its a travesty really if these were lost.

Hmm.

Rock! Shock! Pop!