Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks 2017 Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Headless Body View Post
    Most interesting to me is the confirmation that we're seeing (at least some) things out of sequence. A few scenes here and there have suggested maybe everything wasn't perfectly linear, but this is the first time it's flat out told us that. I can't believe James actually played the Roadhouse. I was too shocked to really laugh. Not sure how I feel about them willfully going for self-parody. Also, way too much coffee and pie shit.
    Somebody smarter than me said that there have been 8 bands at the Roadhouse in the space of 3 days. That's entirely feasible, I suppose, but it does suggest that things aren't happening in a linear or complimentary manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Headless Body View Post
    Most interesting to me is the confirmation that we're seeing (at least some) things out of sequence. A few scenes here and there have suggested maybe everything wasn't perfectly linear, but this is the first time it's flat out told us that.
    I thought of this when it was revealed that Dougie hadn't been home since celebrating with the Mitchum brothers and last week's episode had that brief scene of Dougie and Sonny Jim playing catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Somebody smarter than me said that there have been 8 bands at the Roadhouse in the space of 3 days. That's entirely feasible, I suppose, but it does suggest that things aren't happening in a linear or complimentary manner.
    Yeah, there definitely seems to be something up with the Roadhouse performances. Au Revoir Simone performs twice many episodes apart. Were they wearing the same clothes? I can't remember. But there are little things throughout that don't quite seem to fit. The early scene with Hawk in the woods (part 2 maybe) where he sees the Black Lodge curtains appear and never mentions it again is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I thought of this when it was revealed that Dougie hadn't been home since celebrating with the Mitchum brothers and last week's episode had that brief scene of Dougie and Sonny Jim playing catch.
    Right, that was the first one. Also if I heard correctly, the scene in the RR with Bobby talking to Big Ed was apparently the same night as when they found the tube in Major Briggs' chair. So the shooting in the RR and the whole thing with Becky couldn't have taken place chronologically where we saw it. Not sure what to make of this stuff, but it's interesting.

Some interesting theories about how time seems to be looping in the series.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/twi...me-1201864423/

I didn't catch the big with Ed and his reflection.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Wow, me either.

I'm hearing that Part 14 (which accidentally aired briefly in Germany last Sunday) is pretty much an all-around mindfuck episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Quot View Post
    I'm hearing that Part 14 (which accidentally aired briefly in Germany last Sunday) is pretty much an all-around mindfuck episode.
    Thank goodness. I want another episode eight.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Showtime says another season unlikely but it's Lynch's call.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/twi...ch-1201864448/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This article may have some credibility also, it would be very Lynchian to just leave us hanging.
    The entire viewing experience has been tinged for me with the feeling that most of the material presented will not tie together.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/twi...me-1201865150/

"I'll eat you."