Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 328

Thread: Twin Peaks 2017 Discussion Thread (spoilers)

  1. #11
    Butthorn Roderick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Voorwerp
    Posts
    2,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Except it introduces itself as 'the arm' doesn't it? While the one-armed man is standing by Cooper?
    The Man From The Other Place was "the arm".

  2. #12
    MCMLXXX Matt H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    The Man From The Other Place was "the arm".
    Yes. A reference to FWWM.

  3. #13
    MCMLXXX Matt H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Also is the entity that escaped from the glass chamber Bob?
    I didn't consider that. Interesting.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Except it introduces itself as 'the arm' doesn't it? While the one-armed man is standing by Cooper?
    I meant Lynch's furniture in real life.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  5. #15
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    The Man From The Other Place was "the arm".
    I didn't make that connection last night. I need to rewatch FWWM.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  6. #16
    It's possible that whatever happened in the chamber happened in the past, before the shit went down in Twin Peaks, but why did Cooper appear just before the slaughter? Cooper's appearance at that moment suggests that what is happening is happening in the present. But who knows, right?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  7. #17
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,613
    Yeah it's tough to say at this point but Cooper floating in through that hole in the wall into the glass chamber was a highlight for me. I loved that visual.

    Also it was cool seeing the Chromatics show up as the band playing at the bar.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Yeah it's tough to say at this point but Cooper floating in through that hole in the wall into the glass chamber was a highlight for me. I loved that visual.
    It was VERY reminiscent of the opening of Eraserhead.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  9. #19
    Senior Member Mark Tolch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    6,810
    I'm gonna say that until you see 3 and 4, might want to hold off on guessing what's what with Cooper, as a few questions get answered...sort of....in episode 4.


    Also, that Michael Cera appearance rivaled the stupidest of the old series.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mark Tolch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    6,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    It's possible that whatever happened in the chamber happened in the past, before the shit went down in Twin Peaks, but why did Cooper appear just before the slaughter? Cooper's appearance at that moment suggests that what is happening is happening in the present. But who knows, right?


    I don't think it's past, because the investigation is going on in the present.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •