Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks 2017 Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Quot View Post
    Showtime offered them on demand at the conclusion of their airing of episodes 1 & 2.

Episode 3 opens with some of the weirdest, creepiest stuff I've ever seen from Lynch.

Episode 4 - Michael Cera was fucking hilarious.

NO.

Lol

Aw, man. Does this mean that everyone watching it on Crave and Showtime are always going to be two episodes ahead of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Aw, man. Does this mean that everyone watching it on Crave and Showtime are always going to be two episodes ahead of me?
    My understanding is that after episodes 3-4 broadcast next weekend things will settle into a one episode per week format with no advanced streaming.

I wanted to mention that I love the way the cast credits only roll at the end of the episode, as to not spoil who's going to appear in any given episode. That was a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I wanted to mention that I love the way the cast credits only roll at the end of the episode, as to not spoil who's going to appear in any given episode. That was a great idea!
    I believe they did that in the original series, too!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    I believe they did that in the original series, too!
    No, in the original series they listed the main cast during the opening and then it would list the guest stars during the first scene. Only occasionally would they save a credit for the end (like when Dan O'Herlihy's Andrew Packard re-appeared).

Yeah, I feel like they never mentioned Bob in the beginning credits either.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

So, watched episodes 3 and 4 last night. At this point I'm still not sure WTF is going on. The whole Dougie Jones/HELL-O-O-O bit cracked me up and I think I'm in the 'Michael Cera was hilarious' camp, but then, I have no idea why his character even appeared. It's all very confusing - but at the same time it's starting to come together in pretty interesting ways. Lynch is still amazing as Gordon and it's great to see him and Miguel together on camera again. Seeing Duchovney back was fun too. I'm also really digging Hawk but for some reason Andy and Lucy are annoying me this season whereas they never did in the original run.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I feel like the first two episodes were just a bunch of disjointed references, necessary as they may have been whereas episodes two and three had that all over bizarre with a purpose feel that the old show always did. I enjoyed being able to follow a new storyline (or multiple storylines as is usually the case with Lynch's stuff) and it was great seeing a few more familiar characters pop up. I would like to rewatch FWWM and all four of these new episodes again before episode 5 in a week and a half.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!