Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks 2017 Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Okay, brief thoughts, spoilers.

Cooper is supposed to leave the Black Lodge when his doppelganger returns. He goes to the door/curtain he came in, but it's blocked. He goes another way and sees evil Cooper driving, and is going to switch places...at that point, Gerard says that there's something wrong, and the Arm announces that it's his doppleganger.

Evil doppelganger arm tree attacks Coop, makes him "non-existent" by sending him into...I dunno. En route, coop hits the glass box while dummy and latte are out wondering where the guard is, then carries on to his destination.

The woman in the red dress is bad....she prevents coop from going into the outlet on the wall, which I think is the one that exchanges him with evil coop. The noises her hands make on her throat are identical to the ones that the entity in the box makes after it breaks out and kills dummy and latte. She takes him on the roof, throws the breaker that changes the outlet to the fake doppelganger, and throws herself into space, landing in the glass box shortly after Cooper was there. Breaks out,fucks shut up, and go on her merry way, while Coop goes through the wrong portal into dougie land.

Evil Cooper is also ivolved in the Hastings murder (obviously), as is the member of the Black Lodge who showed up in FWWM. That's him in the cell, whose head floats up like a balloon, at which point, Hastings remembers that he killed Ruth...like Leland remembering after Bob split. Evil Cooper also has the guy in Vegas...smiley dude from Mulholland Drive who had the dream about dumpster guy....pay off the prostitute to have Dougie in the house where good Cooper shows up...and also has assassin's standing by to kill him when he appears.

I find that I work best in Lynchville by piecing together related incidents and then putting those pieces together with others....or not.
    I really, really like this interpretation.

I was actually really moved by Bobby's reaction....for the first minute or so. Then it was like, "Still?" And still wrapping my head around Bobby working for the sheriff's department, anyway.
    I feel this scene was played for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I really, really like this interpretation.
    Just trying to pUT together what makes sense haha. Although I think lynch is enjoying recreating the Twin Peaks world with no interference, I don't think he's going to fire out 18 hours of interpretive film. Like Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive, there's room for experiment and cohesion in the same piece.

Oh, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I feel this scene was played for laughs.
    Entirely possible! A lot of the sheriff's station stuff so far has been.

Rewatched FWWM last night, and yeah, it does help to fill in some of the blanks. Should have rewatched it before the new series started, but, you know.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Mark, I love your reading of the Cooper doppelgänger exchange. That was awesome. (I had just rewatched the first 4 parts right before reading it, and it made perfect sense)
    Last edited by Quot; 05-29-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Any thoughts on Dr. Jacoby spray painting the shovels? I wonder if it means there are 5 forthcoming deaths.

That's what I was thinking...or it could just be crazy Jacoby. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quot View Post
    Mark, I love your reading of the Cooper doppelgänger exchange. That was awesome. (I had just rewatched the first 4 parts right before reading it, and it made perfect sense)
    Cheers dude!

That's what I was thinking...or it could just be crazy Jacoby. :D
    That's definitely part of the fun; there's no way to determine which scenes are important to the plot and which are just there for fun (or to throw us off - certainly a Lynch trademark).