Thread: R.I.P. Frank 'Killjoy' Pucci

R.I.P. Frank 'Killjoy' Pucci

Necrophagia's FB page posted this earlier today:

"We are so shocked and saddened to bring you the news of our dear brother Killjoy passing away this morning. We are at a loss for words. R.I.P brother you are forever in our hearts. We will cherish our moments together forever. Frank (Killjoy) Pucci 1969-2018
    R.I.P
    Necrophagia
    Serge, Shawn, Jake"

Not sure what happened, but it's sad, he wasn't much older than me.

When Horamce and I interviewed Venom Inc. on their tour bus in 2016 (here), Killjoy was sitting (of camera) a few feet away eating pizza and cracking up at some of their answers to his questions. He was a really friendly guy and while I won't pretend to be the world's biggest Necrophagia fan I did appreciate their insane live show and their crazy videos. He was clearly a huge horror fan as well as a big metal head.

I met him at Chiller years ago too - he came across as a really nice guy.

EDIT - seems like it was a heart attack.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I remember buying the debut LP & writing him. Seems like I received a reply years later. I know I bought "I Drink Your Blood" signed dvd from him; it was the very last copy.

Their later material was better than that debut LP & The Ravenous. I sold a couple of the NP cd's ("Holocausto de la Mort" was definitely their best along with that first vhs release) but I think I still have The Ravenous LP.
    Last edited by Keeth; 03-18-2018 at 05:13 PM.

RIP. I'm not a big fan of Death Metal (it all depends because my music tastes are fickle) but I listen to Holocausto De la Mort at least once a month. Easily the best Necrophagia album.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Necrophagia "Ready for Death"; I've never heard this before..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYE95gqqPlg

Seems it was recorded before their debut but shelved.

Killjoys vocals on "Black blood Vomitorium" is what I like! Not growling or heavy efx, just raw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRwngJxLWw
    Last edited by Keeth; 03-23-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Holocausto de la Morte got quite a bit of spins back in the day. Brilliant taste the man had.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: La note bleue (Andrzej Zulawski, 1991)