Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lo-Fi, Outsider, Avant-Pop, Experimental Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by memekera View Post
    Interesting song. I believe that it is here as an "outsider" style, but is a common style from North Africa to India.

Here is a similar style from Mali:

i don't consider it to be "outsider." just something pretty catchy, or poppy. that album has a couple of covers on it too possibly for more appeal to people.

this is a pretty good one
    Last edited by JLG; 06-09-2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: video link no good

i don't like to post things that i don't own. in a weirdo way that just feels like cheating. i kinda think Costes belongs in this thread tho.

i have only heard the Lung Farts album. i remember it made me laugh a bit. the song called Stab Those Devils caught my attention tho. and the very end of the album. think it was farting/shitting sounds, maybe puking, then Costes saying something like,"I'm french and you're english."

pretty sure if GG Allin live entertains you then Costes might do the same. plus, i believe there is a direct connection thru Lisa Suckdog.

cannot find a link for Stab Those Devils but here is the Costes site
    http://www.costes.org/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post
    i don't like to post things that i don't own. in a weirdo way that just feels like cheating.
    What do you mean by "owning"?

Being the composer?
    Holding the copyright?
    Having bought the album?

By the way, I cannot see many of your posted videos.

Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post
    i don't consider it to be "outsider." just something pretty catchy, or poppy. that album has a couple of covers on it too possibly for more appeal to people.
    The vocals are similar. Only the accompanying instruments are different.

Quote Originally Posted by memekera View Post
    What do you mean by "owning"?

Being the composer?
    Holding the copyright?
    Having bought the album?

By the way, I cannot see many of your posted videos.

"owning" means that i have purchased a physical copy. i don't really approve of downloading shit for free. i have downloaded shit for free before tho. 4 things in total. Logos by Tangerine Dream. The main theme from Zombi by Fabio Frizzi and the Godzilla version by Bixio, Frizzi, Tempera. i own physical copies of all of these that i have paid for. the only thing i have that i did not pay for is a live version of a song called Gods of Norse by a band called Cybotron. absolutely no other way to get it. i don't care if other people download shit for free but for me it just isn't something that floats my boat. i suppose down the road something could happen and change my opinion but i'm not sure. this kinda goes along with the physical media thing. sometimes it takes a while to find the item you're looking for but when you find it it just feels pretty awesome. sure, you could have downloaded it for free but instead you put in the time and tracked it down. i like it when that happens.

anyway, there is all kinds of shit that can get posted in here cuz this is the internet but i only like to post the stuff that i actually own cuz it is stuff that i actually buy cuz i like it. i can think of other music things that would fit in here but i won't post stuff that i don't really like.

i did make an exception with Costes tho but honestly don't know many people that are familiar with him. i'm not a fan but i do know a few people that are. i did like the Stab Those Devils song.

not sure about the videos. maybe someone else can help with that. was it just the one video?

sorry for the rant. not trying to take the fun out of the thread