Thread: Dracula Coming To BBC?

Dracula Coming To BBC?

Source.

"“Bram Stoker’s Dracula” has been a terribly hard tale to tackle but that hasn’t stopped everyone in film and television from attempting to crack it. If anyone were to do it, I would put my faith in the team behind the BBC series “Sherlock”.

Variety reports that the writers and producers of the hit BBC detective series are reuniting for a new take on the Bram Stoker vampire classic. Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat will write the series, and Sue Vertue’s Hartswood Films will produce.

Work on the new series has yet to begin in earnest, as Gatiss and Moffat are currently working on solo projects. But talks are already underway with the BBC – which enjoyed huge success with “Sherlock” – on broadcast rights in the U.K."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I read the thread title too quickly and thought it said "Dracula coming to get BBC" and thought this was a Spermula sequel.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Some more information on this here.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/sherlock-team-dracula/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Update with director and cast info.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...cast-directors

"Filming on the project is currently underway, having started at Orava Castle in Slovakia before moving on to England and Bray Studios – once owned by iconic U.K. horror producer Hammer Films."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I read the thread title too quickly and thought it said "Dracula coming to get BBC" and thought this was a Spermula sequel.
    Yeah, took me a second to register it as British Broadcasring Corporation too.

LOL