Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarantino Making A Manson Movie - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I completely disagree with the Death Proof hate. It's not his best film (Jackie Brown by a mile) but it's easily my second favorite. I haven't been interested in anything he's done since though. He got me with The Hateful Eight because I wanted to see it in 70mm, but that was more about the theatrical experience than the movie. The new one...meh. I kind of want to see Luke Perry one last time but I just can't get excited about this.

Ok, I just watched INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS. It was ok. Much better than DEATH PROOF. I can see why some people like it the most out of his films. It had a real lack of energy at times and parts of it felt incredibly boring. It looked nice. This and HATEFUL EIGHT might be his best looking films, IMO. The European cast was a cut above his usual actors. I'm struggling to find anything to say about it good or bad. It was just ok.

In between watching DEATH PROOF and BASTERDS today I watched the spaghetti western A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE with James Colburn, Bud Spencer and Telly Savalas. I've seen it a half dozen times. It held my attention throughout and I was thoroughly entertained. No fuss no muss. It's not even a top tier Italo western but I felt the time I spent watching that was better spent than watching the QT films. Just a straight forward suicide mission with mega-charismatic actors slumming it, like Rick Dalton.

I'm glad I can now look at all the QT films and have an opinion, although in both cases I felt like my instinct from watching the trailers was correct.

I'm tired now. I need another Sunday.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Headless Body View Post
    The new one...meh. I kind of want to see Luke Perry one last time but I just can't get excited about this.
    Not give anything away but Luke is only in one scene and doesn't leave much of an impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Not give anything away but Luke is only in one scene and doesn't leave much of an impression.
    Ah, I was afraid of that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I just saw it yesterday and I'm having a hard time remembering who he was in it, though when he popped up, we were like, Hey, Luke Perry!

At least he got his own billboard. That's something I guess.

https://www.etonline.com/luke-perrys...ads-final-role

death proof is a great homage to kurt russels bad-ass roles from the 80ies. that's why I like it! I agree the rest (ugly chicks talking 'n driving) is a bloated mess though. it works way better as part of grindhouse than in its extended form imho.
    Last edited by killer must kill again; 07-29-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Never minded Death Proof. Only saw it once, I think. I guess I'm alone in my non-hatred of it.

Hoping to see Once Upon a Time... this coming weekend.
    Last edited by Alison Jane; 07-29-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by killer must kill again View Post
    death proof is a great homage to kurt russels bad-ass roles from the 80ies. that's why I like it! I agree the rest (ugly chicks talking 'n driving) is a bloated mess though. it works way better as part of grindhouse than in its extended form imho.
    I feel like I should have watched the GRINDHOUSE version instead of the extended film.

Fuck Death Proof. Made the mistake of watching it in the cinema. At least Planet Terror was decent-ish shlock. I'm completely done with QT's unoriginal ass. Jackie Brown is pretty good though.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!