Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarantino Making A Manson Movie - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

HBO is showing a 2016 flick about the murders called WOLVES AT THE DOOR. It's filmed in the manner of typical recent home invasion horror, like THE STRANGERS, with some of Charlie's "family" members standing in doorways in the dark looking menacing before they attack, etc. It's very short at 72 minutes, and Wiki reports it has a 0% Rotten Tomatoes rating. I didn't care for it. Although Kate Bosworth is not in it, maybe it's the one Tom's article is about?
    VHS will never die!

I wish Tarantino's would be a tight 72 minutes.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Yesterday I watched what amounts to a biopic of Manson (at least his adult years) on Comcast Streampix called HOUSE OF MANSON, before it expires on 6/23. The film speculates what finally drove him to become homicidal (or command others to do his murderous bidding) was getting turned down for a record deal. It's in the Drama section, although with the violence it probably should be in Horror. Anyone else seen this?
    VHS will never die!

Martin Kove and James Remar added to the cast.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...e-james-remar/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    Yesterday I watched what amounts to a biopic of Manson (at least his adult years) on Comcast Streampix called HOUSE OF MANSON, before it expires on 6/23. The film speculates what finally drove him to become homicidal (or command others to do his murderous bidding) was getting turned down for a record deal. It's in the Drama section, although with the violence it probably should be in Horror. Anyone else seen this?
    I've not seen that, but that isn't an unknown hypothesis, by a long shot. If anyone's interested in a surprisingly in-depth overview of the whole Manson affair (not just the "family" but all of involved/semi-involved people) check out the "You Must Remember This" podcast. They did a 12 part series in the summer of '15 called "Charlie Manson's Hollywood". That hypothesis, along with a LOT more detail that was new or freshly viewed, is in there. Worth the time, provided the format and host are to your taste - always iffy with podcasts.

Margot Robbie in character as Sharon Tate.

Name:  QT9_R_00054.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  37.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

At least they changed the release date. Having it on the 50th anniversary was a new low even by Hollywood standards.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Voodoo Passion (Jess Franco, 1977)

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!