Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bergman Collection - 30 Disc Limited Set

The Bergman Collection - 30 Disc Limited Set

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073FFSJ...ingmar+bergman

30 titles, two exclusive to this box set - Dreams (1955) and Farodokument 79 (1979). Includes; After The Rehearsal, All These Women, Autumn Sonata, Cries And Whispers, Crisis, Dreams, Farodokument 79, From The Life Of The Marionettes, A Lesson In Love, The Magician, Music In Darkness, Persona, Port Of Call, Prison, The Rite, Saraband, Scenes From A Marriage, The Seventh Seal, The Silence, Smiles Of A Summer Night, Summer Interlude, Summer With Monika, Three Strange loves, Through A Glass Darkly, Torment, To Joy, The Virgin Spring, Waiting Women, Wild Strawberries and Winter Light.

I would be interested in this if the price dropped a bit.

DVD?

I think the price will drop a lot eventually so ill wait. an enticing set though. I dont have much Bergman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I think the price will drop a lot eventually so ill wait. an enticing set though. I dont have much Bergman.
    Me neither and I'm a sucker for Director boxsets, the bigger the more I want it. This set looks nice.

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    DVD?
    DVD...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
    Me neither and I'm a sucker for Director boxsets, the bigger the more I want it. This set looks nice.
    Yeah i much prefer box sets too rather than tons of individual releases. Much more convenient to find on the shelf and peruse as well!

Missing some essentials imo. Hour of the Wolf, Shame and Fanny & Alexander. I actually have an nice old Swedish Bergman box with 20 or so films, but this has around 15 films that isn't in that box. Maybe if the price drops significantly.

Hour of the Wolf and Shame are already on another 4 film R2 Bergman DVD box set from 20th century fox, its pretty cheap. In fact those films are the only Bergman films i have.

If anybody is looking to pick up Fanny & Alexander I highly recommend the Criterion bluray, as it's the only one in the world that has the FAR superior tv version of the film.