Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darren Aronofsky's Mother

The Wrestler is a legit masterpiece. Haven't bothered with his other stuff.

This Mother thing seems very meh. Not that big on JLaw. I mean she's cute and all but I've already seen her butthole so I'm good.
    Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

I remember having a difficult time sitting through The Wrestler. I just didn't find it very interesting and before looking up Mother! a couple of weeks ago, I had never come across the director's name or I never paid a second of attention to it. I was surprised he did Requiem for a Dream, which, I do like.

I think I'll check Mother! out tomorrow during a matinee. I haven't been in a theater in years. Checking the showtimes, all but one of the reviews was negative.
    Last edited by Keeth; 09-16-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabonga View Post
    The Wrestler is a legit masterpiece. Haven't bothered with his other stuff.
    REQUIEM FOR A DREAM is phenomenal. I really liked PI too, though I've not revisited it since its first release.
    This Mother thing seems very meh. Not that big on JLaw. I mean she's cute and all but I've already seen her butthole so I'm good.
    Ummm....?????
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Yeah Nabonga, where have you seen miss Lawrence's anus? Asking for a friend.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Saw it yesterday. I haven't been this excited about a new movie in quite a while. It's pure movie magic. Don't let anyone spoil it for you, just go see it.

I saw it. I didn't care for it. I'm not an expert on the Bible so if people want to explain what they got out of it, I'll read it. I read a piece from Vanity Fair & it seems like I had some good guesses while watching but I certainly didn't get much enjoyment from it. The sound design is pretty cool but I can't keep thinking "Hollywood art film" with the emphasis on Hollywood. I didn't care for all the CGI, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Saw it yesterday. I haven't been this excited about a new movie in quite a while. It's pure movie magic. Don't let anyone spoil it for you, just go see it.
    Is that Mother or the butthole video?!
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    I saw it. I didn't care for it. I'm not an expert on the Bible so if people want to explain what they got out of it, I'll read it.
    Without going into spoiler-territory, it's referencing a fairly well-known story from the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Is that Mother or the butthole video?!
    When did it turn into a butthole video? I'm pretty sure Nabonga was talking about the leaked photo of her ass - it's not like it was a feature-length examination or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Without going into spoiler-territory, it's referencing a fairly well-known story from the Bible.
    It seemed to me that it's a mish-mash of a couple of stories?

Here's the piece I read after seeing it. It's full of SPOILERS so beware:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ning-explained
    Last edited by Keeth; 09-17-2017 at 05:47 PM.