Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Woo's Manhunt

John Woo's Manhunt

From Variety.

"Top Hong Kong filmmaker John Woo’s hotly anticipated thriller “Manhunt” will world premiere out-of-competition at the upcoming 74th Venice Film Festival.

The film is about a prosecutor, played by award-winning Chinese actor Zhang Hanyu, who is framed for robbery, rape and multiple murders and sets out on a difficult solo mission to clear his name. Japanese heartthrob actor and singer Masaharu Fukuyama plays the detective chasing Zhang’s character.

The film, which is a remake of a 1976 Japanese classic action movie, is produced by Hong Kong’s Media Asia."

More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fingers crossed so tight that I hope it's a return to earlier form.

Trailer looks average, though: a little too generic. In the past, Woo's films were never generic.

The Japanese original is very good. Quite subdued.

I hadn't seen the trailer before you mentioned it and haven't seen the Japanese original, but yeah... generic is the right word.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Better quality trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

TIFF trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Whatever happened to that Woo movie The Crossing? I assume it was released somewhere as I read a pretty bad review, but I don't recall ever seeing a DVD available?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Whatever happened to that Woo movie The Crossing? I assume it was released somewhere as I read a pretty bad review, but I don't recall ever seeing a DVD available?
    I know it has been released by Deltamac in a R3 box set along with part 2. I have it somewhere in my collection. I recall seeing it released individually as well.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    I know it has been released by Deltamac in a R3 box set along with part 2. I have it somewhere in my collection. I recall seeing it released individually as well.
    Thanks, I had been looking at the Chinese/HK retailers. Seems odd that it's only available in Taiwan.
    Last edited by agent999; 09-02-2017 at 02:19 AM.

Positive review from Peter Bradshaw:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-festival-tiff

Unfortunately, #2 is even worse than one. And it has a lot of flashbacks from 1, anyway.