Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Cinema & SWV Present Racy Reels From The Something Weird Vault Blu-ray Series!

Lisa from SWV was promoting it on FB yesterday and the listing is still live on the Alternative Cinema page so I'd assume it's still happening.

https://www.alternativecinema.com/mo...ot-connections
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Lisa from SWV was promoting it on FB yesterday and the listing is still live on the Alternative Cinema page so I'd assume it's still happening.

https://www.alternativecinema.com/mo...ot-connections

Thank you! I imagine it was just some kind of screw-up on DD's end. It's odd that the entire listing for the release was removed from two different websites.

Quote Originally Posted by chriszilla View Post
    For some reason, Deep Discount canceled my pre-order of the FEMALE CHAUVINISTS/HOT CONNECTIONS Blu-ray, and the Feb. 27th release no longer shows up on their website. Amazon and Diabolik still show it available for pre-order, but it also appears that Barnes & Noble has removed it from their site, as well. Has anyone heard anything new about this title? Has it been canceled, or delayed? I attempted to find any current information on this release via a Google search, but came up empty. (Which is how I discovered that Barnes & Noble's item listing had been removed).

Was this just an administrative error on Deep Discount's part, or has there been a change in this release? Anybody know? Thanks in advance!
    WOWHD cancelled my order too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    WOWHD cancelled my order too.
    Interesting. So that makes at least 3 retailers that have removed the title from their listings. And in all 3 cases, the CRIES OF ECSTASY, BLOWS OF DEATH Blu-ray is still listed for pre-ordering. Wonder what's going on?

Alternative Cinema uploaded a trailer for it onto FB:

https://www.facebook.com/99873255809...4983446260810/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The information for the CRIES OF ECSTASY, BLOWS OF DEATH Blu-ray state that it contains a bonus third(!) feature, "DOUBLE-D EXPERIMENT starring Roxanne Brewer". As Ms. Brewer's filmography isn't all that extensive, I'm curious if this is some heretofore unknown sexploitation rarity, or if it is simply a retitling of one of her known films (DR. DILDO'S SECRET being a likely candidate, based on the title).

It will be interesting to see. Both of these first two Blu-ray's should be great, and I look forward to seeing what else will come out in this series, going forward.

Received these today, and as expected they are dreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    Received these today, and as expected they are dreck.
    The films themselves or the transfers?

The movies are what they are (none seems particularly good) and I look forward to circling back and seeing if I can make it through any of them. They would be first-time viewings. The prints are in bad shape. I am obviously not an expert on the films so cannot state anything definitely about the versions presented. It is possible that they are all "complete" softcore variants. It does seem like some portions have been rescored and tampered with. When the copyright notice indicates that the film is an "enhanced edition," I cringe. There are chunks where, despite the condition of the prints, there are no "pops" or audible damage to the soundtrack, leading me to believe that the audio has been replaced. I very much would like to hear about these from someone who is more knowledgeable.

Also, "DOUBLE-D EXPERIMENT probably IS DR. DILDO'S SECRET, based on the small portion I watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    The movies are what they are (none seems particularly good) and I look forward to circling back and seeing if I can make it through any of them. They would be first-time viewings. The prints are in bad shape. I am obviously not an expert on the films so cannot state anything definitely about the versions presented. It is possible that they are all "complete" softcore variants. It does seem like some portions have been rescored and tampered with. When the copyright notice indicates that the film is an "enhanced edition," I cringe. There are chunks where, despite the condition of the prints, there are no "pops" or audible damage to the soundtrack, leading me to believe that the audio has been replaced. I very much would like to hear about these from someone who is more knowledgeable.

Also, "DOUBLE-D EXPERIMENT probably IS DR. DILDO'S SECRET, based on the small portion I watched.

My copy of FEMALE CHAUVINISTS is due to arrive today, so I'll chime in when I get a chance to check it out. I held off on the CRIES OF ECSTASY release because there was another disc I prioritized over that one that I felt would probably sell out fairly soon.

Regarding DOUBLE-D EXPERIMENT, if Roxanne Brewer only appears in one scene that takes place poolside, wearing a bathing suit, and that's it for her (non-nude) appearance in the film, then it is indeed DR. DILDO'S SECRET. Ann Perry and Monica Gayle also appear in the film.