Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Days of Horror part 3: Dream Warriors

MANHATTAN BABY - It took me 6 tries to finally finish this (I'd get to the half-hour point and fall asleep) but I actually ended up somewhat enjoying it. It's not essential Fulci, but neither is it as bad as it's reputation suggests. I laughed out loud both times Christopher Connelly got zapped in the eyes with those blue laser beams (especially the second time when he's already got bandages over his eyes because of the first zapping).

October 2017

01)The Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning 1
    02)Riding The Bullet 4
    03)Stranded 4
    04)Scary Or Die 2.5
    05)The Girl With All The Gifts 8.5
    06) Dracula's Daughter 10
    07) Son Of Dracula 9.5
    08) The Black Cat(34) 9.5
    09)Leatherface: TCM III unrated 3
    10)The Devil's Candy(15) 3
    11)Advantage Satan 2 (10 minute short)
    12)Cell(2016) 4
    13)Spiritism 4
    14)I Walked With A Zombie 10
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

Day 18 Alien Covenant

Seen this 2 times now and still hate it.

F+

Day 17 - The Night Flier
    Day 18 - Rosemary's Baby

Day 19 Halloween 4

After a disappointing 2nd and 3rd film,I have since come to love part 3,we get my second fave of the Halloween frachise.

B-

Day 19 - Funhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Day 19 Halloween 4

After a disappointing 2nd and 3rd film,I have since come to love part 3,we get my second fave of the Halloween frachise.

B-
    Although I'm not a fan of Halloween series I think Halloween III: Season of the Witch is a very good horror film. I think the first Halloween is overrated. Black Christmas is better.

^^^
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I've tried really hard to like Halloween 3 because I love Tom Atkins. I'm really trying to understand the appeal as it appears to be universally loved. But my opinion hasn't changed much since the first time I watched it.

Watched Halloween 3 on Saturday. This movie is terrible. There is not one plausible moment in this film. One of the richest men in America owns a novelty company with a product line of 3 Halloween masks. These 3 Halloween masks are so popular that the company can afford advertising during every commercial break on every channel for weeks before Halloween. Oh, and the masks contain a computer chip sprinkled with Stonehenge dust that when activated by a TV commercial fills the masks with bugs and snakes. Apparently a doctor with a drinking problem knows the phone number of the one guy that can immediately pull a commercial from 2 of the 3 major networks by yelling into a phone "Stop it, please, for God's sake, please stop it. There's no more time. Please stop it. Stop it now. Turn it off! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!". This is also one of many bad movies where the villain explains his motivations to the hero but it comes off as even he doesn't really understand why he's killing millions. "It's time again. In the end, we don't decide these things you know, the planets do." Really? That's the best you could do? And this guy also has an army of super strong robots. And this is what he chose to do with an army of super strong robots.

The only reason I could make it through the movie was Tom Atkins’ over the top performance. He makes any movie better. The soundtrack is good but I couldn't help but think it was inappropriate as it deserved to be in a better movie.
    I guess I can see how the film captures the spirit of Halloween ut it does so without making a lick of sense.
    Last edited by Jason C; 10-19-2017 at 05:22 PM.

To each his own. This isn't an inquisition. But Halloween 3 is easily my favorite of the franchise and is a title I try to revisit every Halloween.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky