Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Days of Horror part 3: Dream Warriors

SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT AKA DEATHOUSE - I watched this for the first time last year and could not recall a single thing about it, so I decided to give it another shot (via the Film Chest restored DVD). It starts off well and has that undeniable '70s-indie-American-horror vibe that I love so much, but it soon becomes apparent that there was lots of post-production work done (dubbing, narration) to make it coherent. The filmmakers weren't skilled enough to pull-off the fragmented structure of the story and it really hurts the film. The story really isn't that complex, but they chose to make it that way for some reason. It has some good moments, but overall it's a mess.

Sunday night, I watched House by the Cemetery and last night was The Vampire Lovers. Tonight, I'll check out Countess Dracula, which, I remember nothing about.

Train to Busan: South Korea jumps on the running zombie train. Literally. Pretty good zombie flick. A little overlong and not much gore.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Love the characters, though.

Raw Force: very fun trash. Fun, mindless, self-aware trash that runs a mile a minute. Something is always happening in this film whether it's pointless tit shots, kung fu fighting, guns going off, cannibal monks, kung fu zombies, or all of those things at the same time.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 10-03-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Hack-O-Lantern - This movie is fuckin' tits, boys! Always had a soft spot for it, but seeing it remastered is a revelation. To add to the weirdness factor, it appears that Carla Baron, the actress who plays Vera, is now a psychic- one who claimed to have all the answers to Natalee Holloway's disappearance. Seems plausible. :roll eyes: Then you have Tommy (Vera's brother), played by Gregory Scott Cummins, who is the green beret, A.W.O.L., in Stone Cold (1991). Plus dude is Mac's murderous, drug dealing dad, in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The more you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Day 3 Disney's Tower of Terror
    Attachment 18958

Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst star in a film someone swore was Amazing.

D-
    They prolly meant the attraction.

About to pop in The Love Butcher. I adore it so much that I even own two copies of the Blu-ray, just in case one decides to shit the bed later on in life. A proto-slasher, character study shot in 1975- what's not to like? 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post

WNUF Halloween Special: Jay's review does a better job than I could. It certainly has kitsch value but the pacing -made especially slower by the constant stream of retro commercials- take the piss out of it. Pretty meh overall experience that better serves as something to play in the background during a Halloween party.
    I got asked to pick out some horror films to have playing in the background of a costume party,WNUF was the first one on my list. It has a fairly fun and entertaining commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Wasp View Post
    They prolly meant the attraction.
    Nah she had saw it as a kid and loved it . So was a case of nostalgia elevating a film.