Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Days of Horror part 3: Dream Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    Sunday morning, Oct. 8th:

Alucarda- if anyone compiles a top 20 of movies with the most screaming, this has to be one of'em. Sure hope it gets a new transfer one of these days...

Most of John Waters' Trash Trilogy may surpass it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Raw: good but a little underwhelming. Once the girl becomes a cannibal it seems to lose steam. My inner child/inner gorehound couldn't help but think by the end of it "That was it? I was expecting some sick shit man!" Worth a watch I think.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Day 9 - The Hidden

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Most of John Waters' Trash Trilogy may surpass it.
    I've only seen Desperate Living in the last few years. Barely remember much about the other films other than the basics. I don't recall any 'agonizing screams' in his films.

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.

I'm pretty sure you guys are familiar with this very obscure movie so I don't feel the need to post a trailer. Still a great fun horror film. It's the one that left the biggest impression for me. I remember when I was 6 I was into horror. I rented part 5 before this and loved it even though I had some nightmares. One of my parents was like "Okay, you can rent one more but no more horror movies after this!" Since I couldn't count yet I went by the box art. And the art for part 3 looked like the final movie to me. I loved this one even though I had nightmares again. I can't remember if Dracula was my first horror movie or not or if it was Elm Street part 5. It was definitely the start of the obsession.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Day 10 Piranha DD

Ok sequel to a decent remake.

C

Day 10 - The Company of Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.

I'm pretty sure you guys are familiar with this very obscure movie so I don't feel the need to post a trailer. Still a great fun horror film. It's the one that left the biggest impression for me. I remember when I was 6 I was into horror. I rented part 5 before this and loved it even though I had some nightmares. One of my parents was like "Okay, you can rent one more but no more horror movies after this!" Since I couldn't count yet I went by the box art. And the art for part 3 looked like the final movie to me. I loved this one even though I had nightmares again. I can't remember if Dracula was my first horror movie or not or if it was Elm Street part 5. It was definitely the start of the obsession.
    Loved it as a kid. When i helped out at the video store, I got the "Now on Videocassette" one sheet and hung it in my room. Nostalgia makes it better than what it is, i'm sure, but I still love revisiting it.

FRIGHTMARE aka THE HORROR STAR - What a difference a decent transfer can make! I'd only seen this previously via the Troma DVD and it was so murky that it didn't leave an impression at all. Watching the Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome really made me appreciate how well-shot and stylish this strange and interesting film really is. I was also very impressed with the bizarre sound design: it's very active and creative. Recommended.