Thread: AGFA Releasing The Sword And The Claw

AGFA Releasing The Sword And The Claw

Street Date 1/23/18

They took his money. They took his family. And now, they've taken his hands. But they can never take his revenge! Exploding from the same hallucinogenic netherworld as TURKISH STAR WARS, THE SWORD AND THE CLAW stars Turkish genre legend Cüneyt Arkin in his most iconic role. It's CONAN THE BARBARIAN meets The Three Stooges meets DOLEMITE with more lo-fi bloodshed, pop-art visuals, and bizarro dubbing than the boundaries of reality can handle.

FEATURES:
    New 4K transfer from the only 35mm theatrical print in existence!
    Face-smashing action trailers from the AGFA vault!
    Bonus Movie: BRAWL BUSTERS (1981), a new 2K scan from an original theatrical print!
    Reversible cover art with illustration by Alexis Ziritt (SPACE RIDERS)!

Name:  RjExNTY3MDVDQzBDNDFGNTY0NkY6NzYxMWJkMmUxNTdkNzAzZGRhYWYxZGE3M2M0ZGJkNzM6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  64.8 KB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181966/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fuck yeah!

This used to be a staple of UK video stores as Lionman when I was a kid. Even as a ten year old the cover looked tacky to me so I never rented it (these were the days before I realised that tacky was good). Then about 20 years ago when the Mondo Macabro book came out I meant to watch this, but managed not to. I am determined not to miss out a third time.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

I've seen it as Lionman, it's fun.

I think the 2nd feature is this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3141954/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This movie rules.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I gotta give them credit for releasing this on blu-ray! I thought the main feature "the sword and the claw" was just okay, but "brawl busters" is a real winner! it's just ridiculously entertaining, nonstop action, bad dubbing + the white bearded bad guy was hilarious, constantly reminding his stupid henchmen to "kill dat bitch!" or "dat bitch must die!!!"

the only wuxia flick that managed to entertain me on the same level brawl busters did was
    this one (highly recommended!)

I'm still wondering how they made a Verity Lodge out of that...

Quote Originally Posted by killer must kill again View Post
    I gotta give them credit for releasing this on blu-ray! I thought the main feature "the sword and the claw" was just okay, but "brawl busters" is a real winner! it's just ridiculously entertaining, nonstop action, bad dubbing + the white bearded bad guy was hilarious, constantly reminding his stupid henchmen to "kill dat bitch!" or "dat bitch must die!!!"

the only wuxia flick that managed to entertain me on the same level brawl busters did was
    this one (highly recommended!)
    It's campy fun especially with the ridiculous dub. I might have to pick this up on blu ray even though I have the supposedly 'uncut' German dvd already. The few scenes missing from the US version aren't really important or pivotal fight scenes anyway. The German print is decent but the blu ray appears to be slightly better with the correct aspect ratio whereas the German version has VHS sourced inserts.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"