Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Rosalba Neri ever in any good films?

Was Rosalba Neri ever in any good films?

What do you think is Rosalba Neri's best film? I love her to death, but I wish she was in movies that I liked better. Maybe I'm watching the wrong ones. That review here the other day of SLAUGHTER HOTEL has got me seriously thinking of rebuying that stinker.

Rosalba, if you are reading this for some reason, you are the best.

LADY FRANKENSTEIN.
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Banks View Post
    LADY FRANKENSTEIN.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Top Sensation

99 Women

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Banks View Post
    LADY FRANKENSTEIN.
    I did buy into the Nucleus crowdfunding on this. The Scream Factory release is hobbled together not unlike the Frankenstein monster itself. Will be interesting to see this film at its best for once.

Amuck, Johnny Yuma, Smile Before Death, La muerte incierta, Lucky, The Inscrutable [ok...perhaps not a good film, but an interesting one!]

ESTHER AND THE KING is an OK film.

Problem is ( for me ) it's a Peplum.
    Like Spaghetti Westerns, Spy spoofs, Italian comedies & dramas, these are films & genres I have very little use for and patience with.
    This is where the vast majority of Neri's film rest. Still in many of these films she gives a solid performance.

Her best films for me are the giallos and horror exploitation films, as I get the most entertainment out of them.
    I am trying to cover her filmography on my blog, and don't bother critiquing the films, just Rosalba's performance.

I think she was a hell of an actress and could have been a much bigger star if she ever got a 'break' part in a major film.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Top Sensation
    This film sounds so excellent on paper, but I've found actually watching it to be a chore. Will try again, though!

Is Amuck not generally well thought of? I recall enjoying it though I haven't seen it in a decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    This film sounds so excellent on paper, but I've found actually watching it to be a chore. Will try again, though!
    Was similarly disappointed myself.