Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Umberto Lenzi

RIP Umberto Lenzi

http://movieplayer.it/news/addio-a-u...canniba_54102/

Not the greatest filmmaker but he did greatly contribute to the pantheon of Eyetalian horror and he occasionally made great films like Almost Human. Cannibal Ferox and Nightmare City were among the first couple of Eyetalian Horrors that I experienced.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

RIP to the Lenzi. He seems most known for his cannibal movies but I think he was a great, great director of Eurocrime.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

I still need to watch The Tough Ones.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Ahhh fuck. The man made some great entertainment. To listen to his commentary track on the Italian Shock DVD of Nightmare City is like having an out of body experience, 'Allo.Boyyyysz.' RIP.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

The Cannibal Ferox commentary is still one of my favorite commentaries:

(On the pig killing scene)

Lenzi: Robert Deniro would have done it.

Giovanni Lombardo Radice: Robert Deniro would have kicked your ass all the way back to Rome.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

The Grindhouse Cannibal Ferox laserdisc will have to be pried from my cold dead hands.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

What terrible news to wake up to. I loved Lenzi! Not all of his films were great but enough of them were that I considered him one of my favorites.

RIP.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Bummer!
    I met him a couple of years back when he did a Q&A when they screened CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST at the Bloody Weekend horror film festival in Denmark.

RIP, Umberto Lenzi.

damn, RIP signor lenzi will miss his crazy interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Not the greatest filmmaker but he did greatly contribute to the pantheon of Eyetalian horror and he occasionally made great films like Almost Human. Cannibal Ferox and Nightmare City were among the first couple of Eyetalian Horrors that I experienced.
    show some more respect dude, lenzi was one of the last directors alive who was part of the golden age of italian cinema. he directed peplums, eurospy, adventure movies, war movies, gialli ... large part of his work is better than you think.

Not to get too off topic but I grew up on Lenzi's pictures same as the rest of the Eyetalian horror directors. But at the end of the day I'm a realist so I'm not going to say he was an absolute genius filmmaker (as he often touted). However, I did make mention that he did make the occasional genuinely great film like Almost Human. So I don't see my initial post as being disrespectful.

Alejandro Jodorowsky