Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Rejects Prequel In The Works - 3 From Hell

Devil's Rejects Prequel In The Works - 3 From Hell

"The Devil’s Rejects aren’t exactly living up to their name, as Rob Zombie plans to continue their story. Bloody Disgusting has confirmed that the horror-inclined filmmaker will make a trilogy of the saga that began with “House of 1000 Corpses,” Zombie’s directorial debut; how he plans to do that remains a mystery, as (spoiler alert) “The Devil’s Rejects” ended with the eponymous clan of killers dead.

BD notes that, “while we don’t know any of the story details, we’re expecting it to be another spinoff or possibly a prequel, being that the Firefly family is presumed dead.” In the 12 years since “Rejects” was released, Zombie has directed two “Halloween” movies, “The Lords of Salem,” and last year’s “31.”"

More here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Zombie is fucking terrible. I gave him a pass for Ho1kC and Rejects is mildly entertaining. His Halloweens are garbage, and Lords of Salem and 31 were infuriatingly bad. I don’t know who’s paying for his shit, but they need to burst into flame, now.

Ha. It's funny that back in the day Rob made a big deal about not doing another sequel. Saying that there's no need for there to always be a trilogy. Guess he needs the money/work.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Filming officially started today.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  24.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

He's doing it for the money obviously. That said, I don't hate Rob Zombie surprisingly enough. I had to look up the title because I forgot the name of it, but I liked Lords of Salem. It wasn't a masterpiece but it was pretty good. His Halloween movies are okay. Passable slasher sleaze. He's the horror god to white trash horror fans everywhere it seems but he could do so much more and Salem is proof of that. He just needs to work with a writer.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 03-13-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Salem I thought was alright but 31 was terrible.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

I heard 31 was really bad and have no desire to watch it.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

31 sucked so fucking hard it hurt.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I haven't seen his HALLOWEEN movies but have watched everything else. DEVIL'S REJECTS is (to me) a classic. The rest are massively meh.

Not sure how this one is going to turn out, but I'm thinking it won't get much of a theatrical release.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

Go into Halloween with very low expectations and you'll be alright. Do not force yourself to watch the sequel, though.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)