Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil's Rejects Prequel In The Works - Rob Zombie's Three From Hell

I actually liked The Devil's Rejects when it came out. Saw it in the theatre in fact. Not really sure how I'd feel about it now given my distaste for the whole faux-retro feeling type movies but at the time the call back to a 70's style film felt kind of fresh and I appreciated it. And the use of "Freebird" at the end was rather ingenious. Stopped caring about Zombie after he hopped on the remake trend but if Rejects ever comes on TV in the future I might revisit it just to see if it holds up.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Voodoo Passion (Jess Franco, 1977)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
    Go into Halloween with very low expectations and you'll be alright. Do not force yourself to watch the sequel, though.
    I liked his sequel a little bit more because it dared to be weird and arty. Even though there's huge mistakes there like showing Mikey without his mask on and his famous line "DIE!" In the terrible director's cut. I won't defend them as high art or anything but I think his Halloween movies are easily better than parts 4-8. Not that that was a high bar to pass of course.

The director's cuts of both of his Halloween movies suck for one reason or another. It's one of the few occasions where the theatrical cut is preferable.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I won't defend them as high art or anything but I think his Halloween movies are easily better than parts 4-8. Not that that was a high bar to pass of course.
    Couldn't agree more.

Yoink.

Name:  Ddv4WltVQAAYy0Z.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  35.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Crummy camera phone footage of the teaser premiere is here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ugh. Just seeing that trailer frame of Sherri Moon Zombie is making me angry.

I finally watched his Halloween flick with more of an open mind. It was tolerable, outside of his wife. Attempted to watch Part II, made it 15 minutes.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

"House" is a fun flick. "Devil's" is great, I love it. "Lords" - Ninja Dixon/Fred Andersson once wrote it was probably Rob Zombie's best film. I don't agree as I like "Devil's" better but I love it none the less. It's RZ's version of the 70's witch genre. The rest of his films is dire shite. I hope he return to form with "3 From Hell". Oh, and he should have stayed with White Zombie.