Thread: Pro-ject turntablez

Pro-ject turntablez

Anyone know which is better the pro-ject essential lll or the pro-ject debut lol? They are the same price $299 and I was just wondering which is considered the better one. I plan to get a new turntable in week or two and wanted something good without spending a fortune.

The essential III is a nice turntable for the cost. But it the febut carbon is the same price, go debut carbon. The acrylic platter on the III is decent, hit you can upgrade that on the carbon down the line. There's a lot of debate on the om10 vs the red on the carbon, but I find the red is fine. All in all, the debut carbon is better made, the III is more cheaply made with some cool upgrades. You'll probably be happy with both, but the carbon is the more quality product.

There's certainly nothing wrong with the Pro-Ject models, but personally I would buy used and get something better. I was looking at lower level Pro-Ject and Music Hall tables myself when I was in the market, but I ended up finding a much nicer VPI for a great price instead. Obviously, no regrets. There are some killer deals out there if you look for them.

Can’t speak for the worldly ,market, but here I can buy a high-end Pro-Ject for the price of a used VPI.must have been a good deal

Yeah, it absolutely was and I was even more lucky that the seller would ship (and knew how to properly do so). Your chances of scoring something great are much better if you live in an area with a strong craigslist presence. But either way, from my experience and from talking to friends, used turntables are a buyer's market. It's the best way to go if you want to stretch your money.

I am not going to buy an old turntable I don't want the problems of dealing with it. $300 for a pro ject next is not bad and these used turntables I looked at were more than that for the ones that were serviced. I decided on the pro ject essential 3 it seems a solid choice.