Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Soska Sisters Remaking Rabid

  1. #1
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    50,232

    Soska Sisters Remaking Rabid

    Source.

    "The reboot of the 1977 classic horror pic, which starred porn actress Marilyn Chambers, will shoot in early 2018.

    A71 Entertainment has taken the Canadian rights to the Soska sisters' remake of David Cronenberg 1977 classic horror movie Rabid.

    Jen and Sylvia Soska, the twin horror-movie directors that established a cult following with the 2012 cult slasher pic American Mary, will start production on the Rabid reboot in early 2018. Michael Walker, Paul Lalonde and John Vidette of Back 40 Pictures are producing the updated film that revolves around Rose, a young woman who, after an accident leaves her scarred beyond recognition, undergoes a radical untested stem-cell treatment. While turning Rose into the belle of the ball, the experimental transformation comes at a price."

    More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  2. #2
    Eh.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  3. #3
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    50,232
    Starts shooting in April, Shout! Studios has snagged the distribution rights.

    I have no faith in this project.

    No casting news yet, which is odd if it's supposed to start shooting in 2 months.

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...source=twitter
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  4. #4
    I watched Rabid a few days ago & after checking out the extras, I wondered why there were no interviews with Marilyn Chambers. I know now...

    I haven't seen anything by the sister directors. Are they also responsible for that horror-maze-warehouse show? I have seen a little of that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    I watched Rabid a few days ago & after checking out the extras, I wondered why there were no interviews with Marilyn Chambers. I know now...

    I haven't seen anything by the sister directors. Are they also responsible for that horror-maze-warehouse show? I have seen a little of that.
    I think they made Dead Hooker In A Trunk, didn’t they? That and Hellevator are pretty much their entire resumé.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    I think they made Dead Hooker In A Trunk, didn’t they? That and Hellevator are pretty much their entire resumé.
    They also did See No Evil 2. Which was pretty decent.

  7. #7
    Am I the only one here who's seen American Mary? Man, you guys are missing out.

    Rabid is one of those movies I should like but it never clicked with me. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Headless Body View Post
    Am I the only one here who's seen American Mary? Man, you guys are missing out.

    Rabid is one of those movies I should like but it never clicked with me. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.
    I forgot about that film. Seen it a few years ago and it was good.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    They also did See No Evil 2. Which was pretty decent.
    Right, forgot that and American Mary. Haven’t seen either of them, but my daughter liked American Mary.

  10. #10
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    50,232
    Production has started and the movie is now shooting in Canada.

    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ilming-canada/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •