Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Soska Sisters Remaking Rabid

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I'm for a remake of Scanners. I know that's a controversial opinion to some.
    Agreed, I think Scanners is a bit rough around the edges and the story is messy. A remake would need a fair budget though, otherwise it'll turn out like those piss-poor sequels.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Scanners remade with a tighter script by a director with a good sense of style would be well worthwhile. As much as I love Cronenberg, I’ve always found Scanners to have too many lulls and some bad performances.

My big problem with SCANNERS is nostalgia, and the lead. But I have to admit, Stephen Lack is a HUGE problem. Every actor trounces the shit out of him, but when Ironside shows up, it's game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    My big problem with SCANNERS is nostalgia, and the lead. But I have to admit, Stephen Lack is a HUGE problem. Every actor trounces the shit out of him, but when Ironside shows up, it's game over.
    Agreed. That and the pacing is very slow. I think a remake would improve upon a lot of things, things done in the (superior) Scanners sequels. Although, I admit it would be difficult to have a remake that remains unique and not just another telepathic/telekinetic movie but with a head explosion. A TV show might actually be a good fit in this case. Every episode has our Scanners fleeing from the government... But then again there's the show Legion which is kind of like that.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

UK release coming 10/7/19.

Name:  EEQ2NzgWsAEy4XO.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  43.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Shout! Factory announced they're giving this a theatrical run and VOD release on 12/13/19 so I'd suspect a Blu-ray release will follow shortly.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Shout! Factory announced they're giving this a theatrical run and VOD release on 12/13/19 so I'd suspect a Blu-ray release will follow shortly.
    On February 4th.

https://www.amazon.com/Rabid-Blu-ray...vies-tv&sr=1-5