Thread: Amazon Releasing Garth Ennis' The Boys Series In 2019

Amazon Releasing Garth Ennis' The Boys Series In 2019

Source.

"Updated November 8, 2017: Following its option of the comic book earlier this year, Amazon has greenlit a live-action The Boys series for an eight-episode first season, according to Deadline. The show is scheduled to begin filming in early 2018 for a planned 2019 debut.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is developing the show, with Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen penciled in to direct the first episode. The show is being developed under the Sony Pictures TV Studios banner, in partnership with Amazon and Neal H. Moritz' Original Films.

“In a landscape saturated with superhero shows, The Boys is the next evolution in this popular genre,” said Sharon Tal Yguado, Amazon Studios' Head of Scripted Series. “With Eric, Evan, Seth and Original Film all behind this series, we are excited to adapt this popular comic, from the visionary minds of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, for television.”"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well, I guess if you're going to adapt something that's quite possibly even more batshit transgressive than Preacher, you should do it someplace without much in the way of shackles... at least that gives me some hope. Still, there are so many scenes/moments/storylines in this series that straight up obliterate "the line" that it will be interesting to watch them navigate the minefield.

I read some of the comics. I got up to issue 20 or so. I definitely read the 9/11 issue. I found it way too OTT. It reminded me of that South Park episode where the boys create the book Scrotey McBooger Balls.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Yeah, it was a bit too much for me too, but it'll be interesting to see how this works as a TV series.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It was one hell of a concept that unfortunately sabotaged itself. After about 35 issues and a few minis I gave up on it.
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

Loved the Boys. Wonder how the tv series is gonna handle lots of stuff from the comic.