Thread: Vcx 40th anniversary dvd of devil in miss jones

Vcx 40th anniversary dvd of devil in miss jones

I am thinking of rebuying the vcx 2 disc 40th anniversary release of the devil in miss jones but I wanted to ask first did anyone else who owns this notice that the picture seemed stretched horizontally? The image just seemed that way to me and I wanted to see if anyone else thought this? Or if I'm just imagining this?

Is it not just presented as 1:33:1 and its just the 16x9 tv settings stretching the image? Its been a while since I watched it.

No it is anamorphic widescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    I am thinking of rebuying the vcx 2 disc 40th anniversary release of the devil in miss jones but I wanted to ask first did anyone else who owns this notice that the picture seemed stretched horizontally? The image just seemed that way to me and I wanted to see if anyone else thought this? Or if I'm just imagining this?
    I have the first release from VCX/Raincoat Theater (definitive collector's edition) and it is like you said. Packaging says its aspect ratio is 1.66:1 and is 'letterbox' but doesn't say 'Enhanced for Widescreen TVs". In order to view it without it looking "stretched out" I have to change the aspect ration on my tv to 4:3 and the picture sits in a black box (there are black bars surrounding the picture on all 4 sides) or, depending on which player I am using, use Vertical Zoom or All Direction Zoom so it fills the screen without distortion.

It seems like I read awhile back that the 40th Anniversary Edition fixed this issue but I guess they didn't if you had the 40th Anniversary Edition and it was presented the same way.

Anthony

I asked vcx if they had any plans to release devil in miss jones on blu ray and they replied that blu ray doesn't look any better than dvd so it wouldn't be any point in releasing it on blu ray lol