Thread: Vcx 40th anniversary dvd of devil in miss jones

Vcx 40th anniversary dvd of devil in miss jones

I am thinking of rebuying the vcx 2 disc 40th anniversary release of the devil in miss jones but I wanted to ask first did anyone else who owns this notice that the picture seemed stretched horizontally? The image just seemed that way to me and I wanted to see if anyone else thought this? Or if I'm just imagining this?

Is it not just presented as 1:33:1 and its just the 16x9 tv settings stretching the image? Its been a while since I watched it.

No it is anamorphic widescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    I am thinking of rebuying the vcx 2 disc 40th anniversary release of the devil in miss jones but I wanted to ask first did anyone else who owns this notice that the picture seemed stretched horizontally? The image just seemed that way to me and I wanted to see if anyone else thought this? Or if I'm just imagining this?
    I have the first release from VCX/Raincoat Theater (definitive collector's edition) and it is like you said. Packaging says its aspect ratio is 1.66:1 and is 'letterbox' but doesn't say 'Enhanced for Widescreen TVs". In order to view it without it looking "stretched out" I have to change the aspect ration on my tv to 4:3 and the picture sits in a black box (there are black bars surrounding the picture on all 4 sides) or, depending on which player I am using, use Vertical Zoom or All Direction Zoom so it fills the screen without distortion.

It seems like I read awhile back that the 40th Anniversary Edition fixed this issue but I guess they didn't if you had the 40th Anniversary Edition and it was presented the same way.

Anthony