Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shout! Factory Buys Roger Corman Library

Shout! Factory Buys Roger Corman Library

Source.

"Big news today for any film geek who considers himself/herself a fan of classic B movies, as Shout! Factory has announced a huge acquisition of more than 270 movies from the King of the B’s himself, Roger Corman. In partnership with China-based Ace Film HK, Shout! Factory has purchased the New Horizons Pictures library of films, which encompasses 270 titles from producing team Roger and Julie Corman. The deal will give Shout! all rights to those films in North America, Europe, Australia and Russia."

More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Excellent! I think?
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I think so, if nothing else it'll probably mean that a lot more of his movies will be made available.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They did an amazing job 8 years ago with Corman's stuff. Here's hoping they'll dig even deeper this time. It will be hugely disappointing if they just release the same stuff as last time with new transfers. Or just upgrade DVDs to Blu-ray.

It's surely blind optimism on my part, but I'd shit a brick if we got RNR High School and a bunch of others on UHD.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm not as optimistic about it. The library consists of a number of direct to video productions that, while I would like to see them released, would probably be terrible sellers. I suppose they could sub-license some to Code Red or Scorpion.

I know they were refusing to licence out individual titles because they wanted to dump the entire library, so the fact that this frees them up again is a positive. The fact that it took so long to sell indicates there may not be many diamonds in the shit.

I have a lot of the old Shout Corman discs, quality was variable. I seem to recall the German Death Race looked much nicer, which has me a little concerned that Shout aren't going to go all out for quality.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    I'm not as optimistic about it. The library consists of a number of direct to video productions that, while I would like to see them released, would probably be terrible sellers. I suppose they could sub-license some to Code Red or Scorpion.
    They could probably make a 4-Pack like some of the old discs. That or release a large boxset with some of those remakes.

Either way I'm excited they'll all be under one roof.

Corman's 2 sons are suing him over this.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/rog...na-1201959437/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Family...
    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)