Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

"Just when you were losing hope that Terry Gilliam’s 20-year passion project “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote” would never see the light of day, the first international trailer has debuted to prove once and for all the movie exists and is ready for a theatrical debut. Gilliam started work on “Don Quixote” in 1998 and it arrives two decades later with Jonathan Pryce and Adam Driver in the lead roles."

More info here:

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/the...er-1201949292/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Geez... It would want to be a good film after this long wouldn't it? It's kind of surreal watching that trailer when I've already seen a bunch of those images in Lost In La Mancha so many years ago. Like the giants charging towards the screen. I wish it the best but like with Burton I can't say I've been on Gilliam's wavelength.

Looks like this is actually getting a release, finally, in 2019.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/te...se-1202028545/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Still looking forward to this, I think it looks great. I'm actually kinda glad now that the Depp version fell apart. I think Driver fits the part better, and is IMO a superior actor.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Hmmm. Although I lost enthusiasm for this years back, I might be into seeing it. Gilliam has delighted and disappointed at times.
    Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

New trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I read a good review, but it's not playing anywhere around here. We need the space for more important comic book heroes.
    Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

This turned out to be great. It's classic Gilliam, his best movie since TIDELAND. Lots of laughs and zany sequences. Adam Driver is great as usual, but it's Jonathan Pryce who steals the show - he's fantastic.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Yeah, it might've helped that I went into this with ultra-low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised.