Thread: Escape from Absalom

Escape from Absalom

From Umbrella's FB page:

In the year 2022, society has created the ultimate prison - ABSOLOM, a remote jungle island where you're abandoned and left to the mercy of the other inmates. Sentenced to life for murdering his commanding officer, Marine Captain John Robbins (Ray Liotta) has been banished to the island prison. There he finds himself in the middle of a bloody battle between the Outsiders, led by the brutal Marek (Stuart Wilson, Hot Fuzz) and the Insiders, led by the benevolent Father (Lance Henriksen). Robbins wants nothing of their fight and only one thing - to escape!

ESCAPE FROM ABSOLOM (AKA No Escape) hits Blu-ray for the first time worldwide July 4. Stay tuned for further announcements regarding final artwork and special features!

ESCAPE FROM ABSOLOM (1994) was filmed in far North Queensland, where many European backpacker's from local hostel's were hired as some of the over 400 extras to play Outsiders.

Coming soon to BEYOND GENRES: WORLDS ON FILM!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

International? This always felt like a very american film to me. Also, it is kind of boring.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I've never seen it but it was shot in Australia by a director from New Zealand so there!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I've never seen it but it was shot in Australia by a director from New Zealand so there!
    Not saying you are wrong to put it here, just saying how I felt about it.

I havent seen it in ages though. This was one of those films that you always found a copy of in videostores back in the day. I suppose it was a title some distributor here marketed the shit out of, which makes it feel more american mainstream to me, then it really was.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I guess given the presence of Liotta and good ol' Lance that makes sense too.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!