Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Swamp Thing TV show (live action)

Apparently the show was supposed to run for 3 seasons and lead into a Dark Justice League series.

https://www.cbr.com/swamp-thing-thre...ce-league-dark
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

So, I stuck with it through to the end... it did get a little better when, as predicted, the most annoying character turned into a giant mute. But the guy playing the Blue Devil(!) isn't much better. Anyway, the show was at least consistently watchable. A higher CGI budget and less Beverly Hills 90210-style acting would've helped a lot, but if you remember the 1990 series, this is obviously a lot more polished and stylish than that (though actually, they wound up hitting some surprisingly similar notes at times).

About halfway through the run, I could tell this show was never going to reach a satisfying resolution, even if they had the full 13 eps. They just kept expanding and throwing in new characters and themes. I guess they were confidently zipping through the first of their three intended seasons, figuring to just end with a cliffhanger and keep all the plot threads unspooling. I read that they hastily made a conclusion for episode 10 when they heard about the cancellation, but it still ends with all the plots and subplots dangling in progress. Even the post-credits sequence of the finale is just setting up another super villain rivalry for a season 2 we'll never see. ...Unless they figure that Dark Justice League show is still coming and they're going to pour all of this into that? Or maybe they're trying to stir fan interest up with a bunch of teases to demand a renewal from WB? I'd love to know what the behind-the-scenes plan was, exactly.

Well, at least Netflix isn’t involved to cockblock the character from appearing for years after the cancellation!

This just started airing in Canada and I checked out the pilot. Not bad at all, with one spectacular FX scene that reminded me of Rob Bottin's work in THE THING. It's weird watching a show that you know has already been cancelled, but I think the 10 episodes will be worth checking out. I'm expecting at least some top-notch monster action.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    This just started airing in Canada and I checked out the pilot. Not bad at all, with one spectacular FX scene that reminded me of Rob Bottin's work in THE THING. It's weird watching a show that you know has already been cancelled, but I think the 10 episodes will be worth checking out. I'm expecting at least some top-notch monster action.
    It stays good to about episode 4, then falls apart pretty badly.